MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Ian hire a waitress who may want kids?

Options

Comments

• dbfisokay
    dbfisokay Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    The intuitive answer here stems from the idea of the greater good. Hiring one who might harm the many is intuitively wrong yet not hiring might harm more than would be harmed by hiring so this seems like a straight forward do or do not or do something else situation e.g. temp worker, male worker. There is a solution that's usually discoverable by reframing the dilemma into an opportunity.
  • JuliaJolie
    JuliaJolie Posts: 79 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2009 at 6:08PM
    Options
    Leroy_Joe wrote: »
    Honey? You got it wrong girl, I ain't sweet on you. I find you to be a silly twisted and sour person altogether. How can you say I didn't read all his posts? Are you sitting beside me? Actually, girlie, I read every post from every poster from start to finish. Yours was the sickest so I answered it first.

Do you think you know David? I don't think you do, but it is really him.

I see two distinct classes of poster here. Those who are sensitive and try to work through the dilemma presented and those who are destructive little nit pickers like you. People like you actually make things much worse because you cry 'foul' where there was no foul. Pointing your grubby little finger where there was nothing to point at.

*sigh* I can see that I'm going to have to spell it out for you.

Your posts insisted that David was a sweet, innocent, caring friend of the minorities and other undesirables. After being called out as a racist he then created a fake mb ID, his first posts being the only "yes man" to himself.

My quotes were not taken out of context. He's admitted that he chooses not to employ black people or be served by homosexuals.

Seriously, if you really are this stupid that I have to repeat myself, then either you DO work for David Cameron, or you're a troll who was told to do this by the leprachaun on his shoulder.

Either way, you are unarmed in this battle of wits; to converse any further with you would be to my own detriment, unless you have anything to offer other than useless tangents to the actual MMD.
    :cry::cry::cry: ~ R.I.P Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Stan Winston ~ :cry::cry::cry:
  • JuliaJolie
    JuliaJolie Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Taffybiker wrote: »
    My post was never intended to be factual, it was offering DC a hypothetical situation. This is after all a hypothetical thread. However, he was unable to grasp the concept and simply resorted to insults, just as I suspected would be the case considering his earlier ramblings. I found that to be highly amusing. :rotfl:

DC is quite the breed of troll I haven't seen for a long time. I honestly never would have expected to see any at all on MSE boards.
    :cry::cry::cry: ~ R.I.P Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Stan Winston ~ :cry::cry::cry:
  • Taffybiker
    Taffybiker Posts: 927 Forumite
    Options
    JuliaJolie wrote: »
    DC is quite the breed of troll I haven't seen for a long time. I honestly never would have expected to see any at all on MSE boards.

Indeed. Everyone will benefit when he crawls back under whichever rock he and his alias came from, and he can take his phantom company with him.
    Try saying "I have under-a-pound in my wallet" and listen to people react!
  • hundredk
    hundredk Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taffybiker wrote: »
    My post was never intended to be factual, it was offering DC a hypothetical situation. This is after all a hypothetical thread. However, he was unable to grasp the concept and simply resorted to insults, just as I suspected would be the case considering his earlier ramblings. I found that to be highly amusing. :rotfl:
    The comparison between yours and DC's posts just serves to illustrate that DC failed to grasp that forums offer opinions and observations as well as facts. It was the earlier pretentious ramblings of DC that amused me because, especially this
    >
    but what you express in a public place tells EVERYONE a great deal about YOU !!
    NO REALLY? lmfao:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and as I said pot, kettle, black

I see Leroy is on the case now offering more of the same - lot to be said for first class honours degree in a sensible subject then:doh:
  • Taffybiker
    Taffybiker Posts: 927 Forumite
    Options
    hundredk wrote: »
    The comparison between yours and DC's posts just serves to illustrate that DC failed to grasp that forums offer opinions and observations as well as facts. It was the earlier pretentious ramblings of DC that amused me because, especially this
    >
    NO REALLY? lmfao:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and as I said pot, kettle, black

I see Leroy is on the case now offering more of the same - lot to be said for first class honours degree in a sensible subject then:doh:

Ooohhh, be careful hundredk, Leroy might ignore you too! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Try saying "I have under-a-pound in my wallet" and listen to people react!
  • hundredk
    hundredk Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leroy_Joe wrote: »
    David has asked me to put a message here saying that he apologises to some people who might have expected him to reply to them by now. He will reply as soon as he gets back home.

Late last night David got a phone call from Hong Kong where a lady who works in our local offices there has been in a serious accident. She was walking home when a car ran off the road and knocked her down. As far as we know she will be okay, but has some head injuries and a broken leg. She has three little children. David went to see for himself if there is anything we can do to help. I have been there once and its a very long flight. I think he has to change planes in Saudi, but I don't know if that is the only stop on the way. If anyone asks, then I will post any more information I get about it, otherwise I will keep to the point of the thread.
    OMG, I hope he can find a wifi zone when he gets there to catch up with this thread.
  • ipod_killed_the_musicshop
    Options
    Shouldn't the question be "should he hire a waitress who has recently got married and may or may not want kids"?
    Boris Johnson voted against Brexit in the Commons, all to become leader of the Conservative Party. Fall for it and you deserve everything you get.
  • tucks_2
    tucks_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Absolutely not!
  • Leroy_Joe
    Leroy_Joe Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 1 June 2009 at 1:12PM
    Options
    I've deleted every message I posted on this forum. From the moment I arrived I have been attacked by JuliaJolie (who has not made a single comment even remotely relevant to the topic of the forum). She seems to be a double act with TaffyBiker (Biker or Bicker?), perhaps she's his pillion or sidecar piece, if the rig can carry her. Also by TaffyBiker (suddenly joined by juliaJolie when he couldn't handle robust responses to his abuses) who made perhaps one relevant comment before resorting to abusing other people. If that's a typical example of the Welsh people, you will understand why I won't go there for a holiday. The double act looks like it has become a trio as they are joined by hundredk (who previously seemed to make relevant comment) who is being dragged down by the other two. Pity, I actually thought hundredk was better than that. Everything falls to the quality of the lowest common denominator.

I am 75 and semi-retired. I thought this might be a new interest and that my experience might be of some use to people. Being black I have a little experience of prejudice and discrimination in daily life, but having worked for the same company for 25 years, I can say that I have never experienced it at work. I didn't realise that this kind of place attracts such a scum element and that I would be ridiculed right from the start.

I quit. The scum wins (let them gloat) because I won't be back, so I'll never see it.

To the decent people around here, I did enjoy reading your comments. If you could dump those who are only here to leap onto a comma put in the wrong place and grap a few words out of context to make them say what they were never intended to say in the first place, then you would have a place worth spending a little time in.

I think Martin's site is a valuable resource and I will continue to visit that, just not these forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure