DRO in 24 hours??

Options
Godiva500
Godiva500 Posts: 443 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 21 May 2009 at 3:25PM in IVA & DRO
24 hours must be a record, I am sooo happy:j:j:j:j

I did all my research and prepared everything so i was ready to go - took advice from NDL, DD, ElfieB and everyone on here ( Thankyou all :A:A)
There is a long waiting list for processing on NDL, so I decided to phone Baines&ernst yesterday afternoon. Lawrence talked me through it in detail, he emailed me the barcode, and i nipped out and paid it, then he pressed the button....Took about 40 mins.....
He has just phoned me to tell me that he has received an email from insolvency unit that it has been approved WoooHooo!!.
Ready for my new life debt free, and hope to be of help to others on here and pay back for all the support that I have received.

THANKYOU EVERYONE XXXXXXXXXX

Comments

• elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Godiva500 wrote: »
    24 hours must be a record, I am sooo happy:j:j:j:j

I did all my research and prepared everything so i was ready to go - took advice from NDL, DD, ElfieB and everyone on here ( Thankyou all :A:A)
    There is a long waiting list for processing on NDL, so I decided to phone Baines&ernst yesterday afternoon. Lawrence talked me through it in detail, he emailed me the barcode, and i nipped out and paid it, then he pressed the button....Took about 40 mins.....
    He has just phoned me to tell me that he has received an email from insolvency unit that it has been approved WoooHooo!!.
    Ready for my new life debt free, and hope to be of help to others on here and pay back for all the support that I have received.

THANKYOU EVERYONE XXXXXXXXXX

You are most welcome, glad to be of some help!

Enjoy your now debt free life!!!!
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • charlie12345_2
    Options
    That's fantastic. We're just waiting for my OH's response so hopefully won't
    have to wait too long!!!
    2 Q's... Can a creditor refuse the DRO? Do you still get an interview as with bankruptcy by OR? Have been that concentrated on the DRO have not asked these questions but I'm sure I've seen knockin about on this board somewhere
    that one of your creditors can still overturn this???
  • k2nga
    k2nga Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to be honest i did not think that B & E were doing DRO's ? Well dont though.
    :cheesy: K2nga :cheesy:

BSC Member 176
    BR 23/06/08
    ED 22/01/09
    Credit file BR fall off date: 24/06/14 :beer:
  • elfieb
    Options
    That's fantastic. We're just waiting for my OH's response so hopefully won't
    have to wait too long!!!
    2 Q's... Can a creditor refuse the DRO? Do you still get an interview as with bankruptcy by OR? Have been that concentrated on the DRO have not asked these questions but I'm sure I've seen knockin about on this board somewhere
    that one of your creditors can still overturn this???

A creditor cant refuse a DRO, but they can appeal against it. This is where the whole legislation regarding DRO's is cloudy. It doesnt (on paper at least) seem as cut and dried as bankruptcy where once you are declared insolvent ,thats it.
    Having said that, I am reliably informed that creditors must have justifiable reasons to appeal (see my diary for more info on this!), so most people on a DRO will be just fine!!
    Mae West
  • elfieb
    Options
    oh and there is no interview with the OR!
    Mae West
  • charlie12345_2
    Options
    Cheers for that Elfieb

Happy days!!!
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent !! well done:beer::j:beer:

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Merlinexcalibur
    Merlinexcalibur Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    Options
    Wanted to ask this earlier but does Baines/Ernst charge for this service? If not, I may consider it.
    Any help, opinions, views I may hold those are my own. Respect them as you would expect the same in return. Offered freely, is gleaned from a lifetime of experiences, knowledge gaining. Passed on to benefit others. I may be direct, ask you questions but those are to help you. Up to you if you choose to take it. I won't judge you either way.
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    Options
    It is unlawful to charge to make a DRO application.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • ccvictim
    ccvictim Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    It is unlawful to charge to make a DRO application.

DD
    so yes they did then :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family