Contract Cooling Off period

Options

Comments

• gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    im disgusted with the response and they have no cooling off period which i thought was against the law so i am looking into it at citizens advice so im sorry to say but i think ur stuck with it as am i!!:mad:

This is a very old thread, the previous posted contracts will have probably passed their minimum term by now..

In your case you have no legal cooling off period for instore purchases, only ones made over the phone or internet. What you have is called Buyers Remorse.

Some stores do offer a cooling off period over and above the legal minimum, but thats a store policy not a legal right.
  • preciousgem83
    Options
    gjchester wrote: »
    This is a very old thread, the previous posted contracts will have probably passed their minimum term by now..

In your case you have no legal cooling off period for instore purchases, only ones made over the phone or internet. What you have is called Buyers Remorse.

Some stores do offer a cooling off period over and above the legal minimum, but thats a store policy not a legal right.

i have looked on the credit consumers rights and under section 66a it says that everyone has a right to withdraw from a credit agreement its purpose is to provide the borrower with the opportunity to change their mind on reflection.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    i have looked on the credit consumers rights and under section 66a it says that everyone has a right to withdraw from a credit agreement its purpose is to provide the borrower with the opportunity to change their mind on reflection.

Possibly, but you signed up for the airtime service.

You have not signed a credit agreement you have not borrowed any money, or had credit extended, its a service agreement, and before you ask the phone is a free inducement to take the airtime, it's not given to you on any form of credit agreement.
  • preciousgem83
    Options
    gjchester wrote: »
    Possibly, but you signed up for the airtime service.

You have not signed a credit agreement you have not borrowed any money, or had credit extended, its a service agreement, and before you ask the phone is a free inducement to take the airtime, it's not given to you on any form of credit agreement.

well according to vodaphone i have entered a credit agreement so this does apply to me.
  • preciousgem83
    Options
    well according to vodaphone i have entered a credit agreement so this does apply to me.

well i have been successfull i quoted the credit regulation section 66a and she went on hold for two minutes after which i explained that i went in not to buy a contract she said on this occassion we will honour it. there was no mention of the regulations i quoted them so they knew they were in the wrong.:rotfl:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well i have been successfull i quoted the credit regulation section 66a and she went on hold for two minutes after which i explained that i went in not to buy a contract she said on this occassion we will honour it. there was no mention of the regulations i quoted them so they knew they were in the wrong.:rotfl:

No, they were not wrong. Instead, they extended goodwill to you.

I am pleased you got a good result, but please don't think in future that the law gives you the right to cancel airtime contracts bought in store. Individual networks or stores may have a returns policy, but it is not the law.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    im surprised they let you just change your mind must have caught someone on a good day
    What goes around-comes around
  • heavymob
    Options
    Are mobile phone contracts legally binding.
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes they are.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi DaisyDaisy,

Our cooling off period is within the first seven days of taking out a contract.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me via the address here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject.

Thanks,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure