nat west E Isa rate for applications

Options
Have now received written confirmation(Email) that all applications
for their E isa received on or before the 14th May09 will receive the higher rate even though the account may not yet be open,according to their customer care associate.do not yet know how long this rate will apply to existing accounts as it is a variable account.when I find out will let you know.

Comments

• piggyduff
    Options
    They told me they had they had lost my application (and yet the current account app that I sent on the same day was opened in time?) They sent another form to me to apply again. I've just logged onto the NW bank and the ISA account is there!! (no money transferred yet). I'm very annoyed and disappointed (I have further money to transfer too) as there is no money in it so I have no idea what rate my money will earn

The whole experience of dealing with NW has been horrible.
  • Alien8472
    Options
    I seem to be having similar trouble, applied for the E-ISA on the 12th of April, still hadn't received confirmation till a few days ago, and even then the slip of paper i received does not detail what rate i'm on, plus it says account was opened on the 20th of may, despite a phone conversation with Natwest who told me i account was opened on the 14th, and i was on the 3.51 %.

Gotta say the incompetance shown by this bank, and the Halifax who i'm also with is incredible, it's no suprise to me several banks nearly went bust.

On another point, how difficult is it for them to display the current interest rate for the account whilst using online banking? Ive been told i'll have to put some money in, wait a month, then ring them to confirm what rate i'm actually on.....lord save us...
  • digivate
    digivate Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Alien8472 wrote: »
    On another point, how difficult is it for them to display the current interest rate for the account whilst using online banking?

I fully agree. I've got several different current and savings account spread around various banks, and although I think I know what rate of interest I'm getting I can't be completely sure. In my opinion it should be a definite requirement for all online banking facilities to display the intrerest rate that you are currently receiving.

The only online account I've ever had that has done this was with Birmingham Midshires.
  • The_Enforcer
    The_Enforcer Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 June 2009 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Have now received written confirmation(Email) that all applications
    for their E isa received on or before the 14th May09 will receive the higher rate even though the account may not yet be open,according to their customer care associate.do not yet know how long this rate will apply to existing accounts as it is a variable account.when I find out will let you know.

I applied a week prior to 14th deadline, but only got confirmation of account opening on 20th and no mention of the rate. Similar issue to you - existing account holder so should have opened instantly, but they sent me paperwork instead. Could you let me know what their contact e-mail is, so I can ask them about my account?

Cheers,

TE
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business