We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Natwest - eSaver

Options
I have an online account with natwest, so thought I'd open an eSaver online. Any other bank I've used, no problem, fill out the form click the "Submit" button all saorted account open and ready to use.

Not natwest, it looks like I got to wait several days now while they send a request by horse to natwests head office to open the online account.

What is it with this bank, do they not uderstand what internet banking is. Silly s*ds.:rotfl:

Comments

• Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Did you change any of your personal details? Anything at all? I believe some people on the e-isa thread have found that triggers a form to be sent out.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I did the same as the OP, thinking it would take a couple of clicks and a transfer from my current account. About a week later I received a thick envelope of documentation, at which point I thought "oh forget it".
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• bagsacash
    bagsacash Posts: 194 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2009 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Their sign up process is daft.

Its an exercise in frustration opening any account with them.
  • Kavanne
    Options
    bagsacash wrote: »
    Their sign up process is daft.
    It's not exactly a loss though, is it? I was under the impression you could get much higher rates elsewhere. For what's it worth I signed up with ING and they opened my account, all I had to do was send them a cheque.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    About a week later I received a thick envelope of documentation, at which point I thought "oh forget it".

I opened two accounts last summer, and got four identical copies of their Terms and Conditions :confused:
  • bagsacash
    Options
    So will I have a form to sign from natwest in the next few days to get my eSaver open.

Please tell me I wont - but be truthful
  • Kavanne
    Options
    Go elsewhere!!!

For example ING ay me 2.5%, new customers looks like it's 2.75%.

So you have decided NW is more hassle than it's worth. You can complain all you want but that appears to be their process, they won't open your account unless you do it. If you don't send back the paperwork they send you then they won't open the account.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• bagsacash
    Options
    Go else where, yes, but I do find it very sad that a bank the size of natwest cant get this process right. Its not as if the internet is a new technology.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    bagsacash wrote: »
    Go else where, yes, but I do find it very sad that a bank the size of natwest cant get this process right. Its not as if the internet is a new technology.

Look in the ISA forum, you'll find that lots of people are, like you, frustrated by Natwest's difficulties in operating savings accounts. There are several threads on the subject.
  • bagsacash
    Options
    Oh I know all about opening an ISa with nw - I had hell doing that. But I thought now they have my signature on file, they know all my details, they know I have a current accound and an ISA account I realy thought it would be a simple process of clicking "Next" a few times, wola, account open and ready to use. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport