Natwest E-ISA

Options
I'm engaged in the long and confusing process of opening a Natwest E-ISA. Not being an exisiting Natwest customer, this means I also have to open an e-savings account. I've had some trouble providing acceptable id to Natwest, which I hope has eventually been resolved by me taking my driving licence into a branch. I commented to the Natwest staff that it all seemed fairly pointless as I did not actually want to open an e-savings account, I was just being forced to, and I would only be crediting in with £1. I was told that it was part of the ISA regulations that you have to have another account set up with the provider you have the ISA with. Is this true? I know in the past I've just had an ISA without another account with that provider, but have things changed?
Still heard nothing regarding my E-ISA application........

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    It's not ISA regulations, most banks manage to do it without another account ... it's just the way Natwest choose to do it.

If you look at recent posts on this forum, you'll see you're not the only one frustrated by Natwest at the moment. Plenty of people have had the same problems as you.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    What was the problem with ID? There is a list of acceptable ID on the e-isa page on the website. I'm hoping that a paper copy driving licence is going to be ok as stated on the list.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • RobChester
    Options
    The problem I had with id was that all my bank statements detail my intials rather than my full name, which isn't good enough for Natwest. I used my driving licence, but they won't accept a copy unless it has been done in a branch, which isn't exactly convenient if you don't live in a town....
  • happyandy
    happyandy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I was just about to return my application forms for an e-savings account which for some reason you need to open an e-Isa account, but decided to look at the interest rates.
    Guess what - Nat West have reduced the interest rates by 1% TODAY.
    Not going to bother now, not worth the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure