Owl british gas question?

Options
msampson
msampson Posts: 309 Forumite
morning folks,

i have question about ana british gas owl which they sent me for free which i recied last week and have managed to set up no probs.

the question i do have is my current tarrif is websaver 1 and my tarrif details are below:

night 4.21

day 31.50 first 500

day 11.47 after first 500

i can t see any way on the instructions that allow me to put in both the first 500 at 31.50 and the 11.47 after 500 in the same tarrif as i have 2 peak periods? there is no way to tell the owl that the first 500 units are at 31.50 and the remaing peak are at 11.47?

or can someone tell me if is possible?

cheers for any help anyone can give me.

msampson

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most monitors don't allow for 2 tier costs, only 2 rate (i.e E7). I don't know for sure with the owl but suspect the same.

Your options are:
    1. Just use 11.47 as your day unit rate and accept you will pay a standing charge equivilent to 500x20.03=£100.15 (which I think is per year)
    or
    2. Look at your annual expected daytime consumption in kWh and then calculate the average cost per kWh and use that in your owl meter

Option 1 is probably your best bet as most occupied properties exceed the tier1 limit for electricity for every billing period.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • msampson
    msampson Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Premier wrote: »
    Most monitors don't allow for 2 tier costs, only 2 rate (i.e E7). I don't know for sure with the owl but suspect the same.

Your options are:
    1. Just use 11.47 as your day unit rate and accept you will pay a standing charge equivilent to 500x20.03=£100.15 (which I think is per year)
    or
    2. Look at your annual expected daytime consumption in kWh and then calculate the average cost per kWh and use that in your owl meter

Option 1 is probably your best bet as most occupied properties exceed the tier1 limit for electricity for every billing period.

hi premier

thanks for your help and and advice which is great, yes option 1 does look like the answer.

cheers for your help

msampson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family