We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

AC Nielsen/Fact Finders - Don't Bother!

12357

Comments

  • I wonder if anyone can help and sorry if I've put this in the wrong place. I've been with fact finders for ages now and thought that I ought to check my points and send for a reward as I'm getting a tad fed up with it all now, but can't access the website. I saved it a while back in "favourites" but just can't access it now. Does anyone know if they've changed their website to a different address?
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,124
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They did change a few months ago now, I had emails about it and then another when the new one went live. Try this & note the instructions about your panel number

    http://nielsenpanel.acnielsen.co.uk/home
  • They did change a few months ago now, I had emails about it and then another when the new one went live. Try this & note the instructions about your panel number


    Thank you silverfairy
  • I have been with Nielsen for over a year now, they were okay up until this month :/ Basically I was moving house, I told them this and they said it would be okay and my account would be put on hold for 3 weeks to give me time to move and reconnect the scanner in the new property. It's been 2 weeks now and I had an email saying they have closed my account and requesting the equipment back, which I protested.

    They denied any knowledge of the phone call that took place to hold my account and the complaint emails I sent to them, I also asked them if I could redeem the points I had accrued and they said that was okay. Now I've been told I cannot redeem the points & to be honest I am getting awfully hacked off with them altogether.

    Mind you, the points take years to gain before you can redeem them for something useful, avoid like the plague I say :(
  • Although it takes forever to accumulate enough points for anything half decent, I did finally manage to find the rewards section and sent for an iPod I wanted for a present for someone. It came within days, so can't complain about that, but I think I'll be dead before I have enough points to send for anything else.
  • pepdavies
    pepdavies Posts: 444 Forumite
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't know the best forum. I had a Nielsen Scanner last spring, it didn't work so they sent me a replacement. That one didn't work either so I sent it back. They sent me a prepaid bag to send it in so the address was correct. They've written to me today, at least six months since I sent it, saying they'll take me to court for the value of the missing scanner. I've heard nothing from them until now. I sent it recorded delivery but I can't find the receipt. What do I do? Presumably they can decide the scanner is worth £1000 if they want to. Will I have to pay for it?
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    I have had the exact same letter. My scanner was sent back months ago and im not sure if i still have the receipt. They said they have asked for it back several times but this is the first i have heard from them. Why would i want to keep a scanner only used for their program? Anyone got any advice on where we stand with this?
  • I've had the same letter and again I no longer have proof of postage.


    I spoke them (Neilson) and they said a lot of these letters had be sent out in error to former account holders and to ignore the letter.
    :hello:
  • zzybee
    zzybee Posts: 86 Forumite
    I got the same mail as well. Seems to be a common problem. Would like to know how things pan out. Its been several months for me too. This is harassment. I remember requesting them to arrange collection. Surely there must be phone records. They don't expect such a long delay do they to send such a notice. Wish I had not started with them in the first place.
  • I've had the same letter and again I no longer have proof of postage.


    I spoke them (Neilson) and they said a lot of these letters had be sent out in error to former account holders and to ignore the letter.

    Thanks, that's good to hear.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.