Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

The Great “Hotels & B&Bs, want to offer MoneySavers a discount?” Hunt - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

The Great “Hotels & B&Bs, want to offer MoneySavers a discount?” Hunt

164 replies 156K views

Replies

• Aslema Guest House, Exmouth Devon, Pay for 6 nights and get 7th night free. offer available from June to Dec 09 Owners Debbie and Dave Butler
    We are 200 yards from beautiful sandy beach. Lovely clean and comfortable rooms. to get this offer call us on 01395 270737 or email.
  • edited 20 May 2009 at 9:45PM
    Noonoo_2Noonoo_2 Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 20 May 2009 at 9:45PM
    We are offering a 10% discount off any weekly booking in Little Lilac Cottage when you mention "Money Saving Expert"

Please visit old-english-cottages.co.uk to view this beautiful romantic 350 year old cottage in the heart of the Hope Valley Derbyshire. Nestled at the foot of Peveril Castle in this picturesque Village of Castleton. Awarded 4 Stars by Visit Britian. Wonderful walks from the front door plus 4 Traditional pubs and a quaint High Street a minutes walk away. Overlooking the Village Square its a perfect retreat for a romantic get away. Go and visit the caverns and the famous "Blue John" mine. We have our own Tourist Information centre full of ideas of things to do. Chatsworth House nearby.

Prices include Gas,Electricity, Bed Linen, Towels and T-Towels.

Please call Noorea on 0114 266 1031

Thank you

:j
  • Hotel Name: Lavender Cottage B&B
    Where you are: Situated near to the beautiful beaches of Tenby, Saundersfoot and the spectacular Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
    See our website for details.
    The discount on offer: Stay 3 nights and only pay for 2
    The max no. of nights you can stay under the offer: 3 nights
    Hotel website: lavendercottagetenby.co.uk
    Tripadvisor link (if applicable):
    Dates the discount is valid: June/July/August/September (subject to availability)
    How long is it valid for: 4 months-from 1st June 2009
    How to get the discount: Take a look at our website and email/telephone for accommodation availability. Please quote MSE offer.
    Your position/authority: Owner
    Look forward to hearing from you.
  • ksh123ksh123 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    MEGANE wrote: »
    Cataline (post 61)
    This also appears to be advertising as anyone can get this offer by going to your website.

I was under the impression that you had to make an offer exclusive to MSE.??

I apoligise if I have misunderstood the offer.

I agree I've looked at a lot of the UK offers and the same offers can be found either on the proprietors' website or advertised there as being available via other links e.g. Visit Britain etc. so NOT exclusive to MSEers.

That's disappointing as Martin is very clear that free advertising is not allowed here - unless I've misunderstood too and offers don't have to be exclusive to MSEers which would rather turn the whole thing into a free advertising tool for holiday firms :(

PLease clarify this Board Mods and perhaps advise posters where necessary.
    Also, as an addition to the list of details posters use, could we have whether or not pets are allowed? That would save trawling to each and every website in order to find out. (I think only one poster volunteered this info.)

Otherwise, a very interesting addition to our forums. I look forward to seeing more posts - as long as they're exclusive discounts for us :T
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • edited 27 May 2009 at 6:57PM
    AlanjAlanj Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 27 May 2009 at 6:57PM
    Self Catering: Ard Tigh
    Where you are: Aviemore, Scotland, Scottish Highlands, near Inverness
    The discount on offer: We have 2 special offers only for MSE :beer:

7 nights for the price of 3
    Book either the 5th or 20th of June for 7 nights @£360
    The 5th of June went to a lucky MSEer so we are now adding the 11th September 7 nights @ £360

10% off any booking between now and December 2009

The max no. of nights you can stay under the offer: Unlimited
    Self Catering website: www. aviemore-holiday-lets.co.uk (sorry you will have to take the space out after the www. the forum will not let me post with a link)

Dates the discount is valid: See above
    How long is it valid for: November 2009
    How to get the discount: Take a look at our website to check availability and email/telephone please quote MSE offer.

Ard Tigh is non smoking and pets are allowed with prior arrangement
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Holiday Let Name: Bluehills holidays
    Where you are: Bosque de las Lomas Urbanisation near Villamartin, Torrevieja, South Costa Blanca, Spain
    The discount on offer: 10% off holiday lets in Spain
    The max no. of nights you can stay under the offer: 14
    Hotel website: bluehillsholidays.com
    Dates the discount is valid: Any (subject to availability)
    How long is it valid for: Until 2010
    How to get the discount: Take a look at our website and email/telephone for accommodation availability. Please quote MSE offer.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
  • edited 21 May 2009 at 10:54AM
    Mary_HartnellMary_Hartnell Forumite
    874 posts
    edited 21 May 2009 at 10:54AM
    What we need on this thread if it grows to any size is a way of creating a geographical search key. Perhaps a county with its spelling including an initial capital letter?
    For major towns the same applies.

I've just tried :
    Bridlington
    Devon
    and those two gave me a total of two results.

I need ONE night in Cornwall, so Google here I come. I would like to deal direct rather than have a cut taken by (say) laterooms.
    You just must have a web site these days if you are in the B&B business and then check your Emails twice a day. I don't want to waste phone calls finding out that nothing is available.

Widlake Farm S.E. Cornwall (between Looe and Liskeard) PL13 1QB

In the spirit of this thread, let me give a plug to my experience from two days in Cornwall, one at a Funeral and one at the Eden Project.
    This was a useful link, it is associated with "Late Rooms" and is obviously aimed at those wanting value for money. There is a link to "laterooms" where reviews, which get my endorsement, are available.

http://www.cheaphotelsnear.co.uk/Hotel/Accommodation.aspx?hotel=158187_widlake-farm-bed-breakfast-looe

Google gives lots of information including the 'phone number 01503 240502 and other information that would not find its way onto a commercial site selling a service.

Ordnance Survey give a much more accurate and detailed map than Google, though Google does offer those useful birds eye views.

Put the post code into:
    http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/
    and get a 4" (100mm) sq coloured map.
    The farm is up the narrow lane running N.E. off the A387.
    This a is three generation enterprise with the grandmother doing the B&B.
    The accommodation is the second home on the left of the lane. Through the wooden barred gate there is a modern bungalow with a guest wing of 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom.
    Nearly half a mile from the main road, all we could hear through the open window was the distant crowing of a cockerel.
    On the other side of the drive there is a chalet "Called the chicken shed" offering similar accommodation but with the addition of a large lobby / kitchenette with a micro wave. Both sets of accommodation would be ideal for families with children; as would the farm surroundings (when the rain stops).

The good breakfast is taken in the dining room opposite the guest wing.
    The dining room itself leads into a sitting room complete, with a futuristic log fire.

The only misgivings we had prior to arrival was the "cash and cheques" only policy - this is because the family are relatively new to this farming enterprise and have yet to get their broadband link running reliably.

Do we have any criticisms? No it was ideal and much better value than the 60 GBP price of the room (only) in the local chain of road houses. Definitely a "stay again" and a "recommend to a friend" category.

Mary.

PS As someone with a small business of my own, can I remind people that when someone goes to the trouble to make you an offer over the web, it is polite and helpful to let them know if you make other arrangements, rather than leave them dangling with false hopes.
  • majella_2majella_2 Forumite
    1 posts
    House name: Rainbirds
    Discount: 10% off a 7 night booking, 5% off a weekend break or midweek stay.
    Max no of nights under offer: 14
    Dates valid: Until 2010.
    How to get discount: Call 07734 526727 or e-mail details on website. Please quote MSE.
    Position: Owner
  • shytalkshytalk Forumite
    3 posts
    Heres a great money saver as it beats the low exchange rate of the euro and dollar, the Turkish Lira is still a stable rate.

Hotel Name: Turkey Rental Villa
    Where you are: Bodrum, Turkey
    The discount on offer: 5% to 10% off already discounted rate
    The max no. of nights you can stay under the offer: Unlimited
    Hotel website: turkeyrentalvilla.co.uk
    Tripadvisor link (if applicable): Enter details
    Dates the discount is valid: June till November 2009
    How long is it valid for: To end 2009
    How to get the discount: Visit website and/or call 01226 297744 after 6.00
  • Thorncliffe is a small B&B situated in Windermere. We accept dogs, are gay friendly and cater well for vegetarians.

A discount of 10% is available for stays of 2 - 4 days, please quote MSE when booking.

Our website can be found via Trip Advisor by typing in Thorncliffe, Windermere. Alternatively contact the owner on 015394 44338