NTL Packages

Options
I've just had ntl on the phone and I must say it sounds interesting. The offer is

Broadband 1mg, upgraded to 10mg in the next couple of months at no extra charge

Digital TV 70 channels

Telephone - evening/weekends free

Package cost of £32.99

Can you give me your thoughts on this. Thanks

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Personally, my thoughts immediately go to another recent thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=163624

An 0871 (10p/minute) number for reporting BB faults!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • scope
    scope Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    Personally, my thoughts immediately go to another recent thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=163624

An 0871 (10p/minute) number for reporting BB faults!

I dont think most people will care about this when they take out a service with NTL, which is why NTL has cancelled the number.. Keep in mind most people dont have faults with their service, so it might not effect you at all if you are with NTL.

As for the deal.. I went for the 3 for £30 deal, which is the same, but without the phone calls. I am using VoIP for all my phone calls (for free), so I didnt need that option added. I think its a good value for money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Scope.

I disagree i thought Post No 31 in the thread that Heinz referred to sums up the NTL situation very well.
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    . .
  • Undisputedtruth
    Options
    toadyfrog

I would ask ntl to confirm in writing that you can upgrade up to 10 megs free of charge. Otherwise you may find that ntl may not honour the deal they made with when you are ready to upgrade. Also clarify with ntl the digital tv channels. Sometimes quantity does not equal quality and as Rapido entioned freeview is enough for most people. You will need t factor in loss of earnings from your job when ntl sends an engineer to have a look at their equipment for any faults. It just seems that ntl is quick to blame the customer first for their problems rather than making sure the problem is cleared from ntl end.

Undisputedtruth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport