Options

Comments

• sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just to say, on the board guide point, we're not taking on new board guides at the moment but I'll happily see if any of our other current board guides would like to cover the Travel boards too as long as you promise to be nice!

We don't ask board guides to be around all the time, nor expect them to read or do anything with every thread on their boards, there are just way too many for that.

You can certainly help them out by letting them know if you think there's something they could do, but again, as ever, being friendly is the key.

Andrea :)

Are any mods going to comment on the poll on this board?

Given that 95% of all users would rather this board did not exist but instead was something else?

I know that we have had all our requests/suggestions ignored in the past... Are we going down the same track here?
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sturll... can I just point you in the direction of this sticky on the main board. We've got some discussion going on, and all rather civilised as well...
  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    sturll... can I just point you in the direction of this sticky on the main board. We've got some discussion going on, and all rather civilised as well...

How could i have missed that!

:beer:
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    quite easily.. with the amount of stickies on the main board, people just ignore them.... ;)
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    quite easily.. with the amount of stickies on the main board, people just ignore them.... ;)

I agree with that. The one that comes to mind is the U.S.currency one. Have a look at that and I suggest you will wade through 5 pages of drivel to get to a serious bit of information. Seems like a couple of guys on there are using it as their own personal twitter. Some people will do all sorts to get their own personal post count up. They obviously like the medals they get under their screen name.:rolleyes:
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aaah.. i use twitter as my twitter... ;)

yeah.. the US Currency thread is a bit overcrowded, but IMO, i can glance at it quickly and see what the actual rate is doing, rather than the tourist rate.

maybe a daily update would be better then the ones every 10 minutes or so....
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2009 at 2:17AM
    Options
    aaah.. i use twitter as my twitter... ;)

yeah.. the US Currency thread is a bit overcrowded, but IMO, i can glance at it quickly and see what the actual rate is doing, rather than the tourist rate.

maybe a daily update would be better then the ones every 10 minutes or so....
    I presume stoneman is pointing one of his fingers at me here.
    Well pardon me for wanting information on how the US$ rate is going. After all I'm only transferring about £100k over to my US bank account...

As you state, you can see the rate clearly on each page.
    I don't see the issue myself. There again I've grown out of telling tales. Again Mark, not directed at you so please don't take offence.
  • neilbond007
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    I agree with that. The one that comes to mind is the U.S.currency one. Have a look at that and I suggest you will wade through 5 pages of drivel to get to a serious bit of information. Seems like a couple of guys on there are using it as their own personal twitter. Some people will do all sorts to get their own personal post count up. They obviously like the medals they get under their screen name.:rolleyes:
    Coming from someone with more posts I find this a little, well, amusing!
    The number of posts, or thanks, is completely immaterial to me.

People in glass houses and all that...
  • neilbond007
    Options
    Back to the original subject.
    I voted for "None - It was all good as it was!"

I believe that having 2 boards, or 3, or 4... just duplicates effort (mainly on the mods part). There are many subjects that, as already mentioned, could go on either board.
    There are a number of people who use this website who aren't savvy when it comes to either using computers or using online forums. This is obvious by the sheer number of duplicate subject posts that we see. If I had a £ for every post raised about US car hire, for example, I'd be about £23 better off a week. Having 2 boards just hides posts from these users.
    Have 1 board and merge similar posts. Mods sitting there merging posts has got to be better than swapping posts to different boards all day long!

I'd also have a "sticky" for fly drives on the west coast of the US as that is nearly as popular as Vegas / NYC by the looks!
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Some people will do all sorts to get their own personal post count up. They obviously like the medals they get under their screen name.:rolleyes:

not really
    I couldn't give a monkeys about how many medals i have under my name. i think that is quite childish.
    but if you are jealous, u can have my medals if you so wish...:cool:
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport