NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Unenforceable Credit Agreements

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the above, I have responded to a company who advertised on our local radio saying that any credit agreements that I took out in the last 7 years may be unenforceable and they will be able to take it to court and get the entire credit card balance written off. Their fee is between £300 - £500 per card and they can have this fee added to the credit card balance before it is written off.
I am very wary, however in light of the bank charges reclaims, it could be quite plausable. I have expressed my nervous concern about proceeding, and they reassure me it is a new thing that is being introduced which is why not many people have heard of it and also they are the only company in the UK who have managed to get a clients credit card balance written off.

Replies

• StevePro_2StevePro_2 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Hi,

I know a few people who have managed to right off their debt on credit cards and loans and have been told the approval rate is around 80%. I have recently got involved in this industry and am still researching myself., The initial consensus is that if your debt was taken out prior to April 2007, has at least a year left to run on it and the initial value was between £3000 and £25000 then you have a good chance of completing the claim and getting the debt wiped.

£300 - £500 per card sounds a little high though...... make sure you get that money back if you don't win!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • You seem to have multiple indentity, not very subtle..
  • noah271007noah271007 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    You wil have your credit rating trashed if you do this. Lenders will not be so forgiving, it is too much hassle!
  • Robert2009Robert2009 Forumite
    342 Posts
    I suggest you read this article in
    thisismoney.co.uk
    /dealing-with-debt/article.html?in_article_id=484062&in_page_id=62
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base