rejected for being unemployed

Options
austin
austin Posts: 560 Forumite
hi, ive got a good credit rating but im unemployed at the moment :( & i think its the reason i got knocked back for a CC.

Thing is im desperate for a 0% balance transfer as im paying around £40 per month INTEREST ONLY on 2 CC's

i need some advice off someone if poss. ive had a look around the threads but found nothing. what i need to know is:

will any cc company take me on while im unemployed?

i have existing cards with no balance. would i still get a 0% BT off them?

please help!

Comments

• c8ndice
    c8ndice Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Try a card from the Sygma group, eg Flybe, or My World.

Do you have children? If so you could put homemaker/domestic responsibilities for occupation. This is what I did last year when I applied, and was accepted for both cards with good limits and 0% on balance transfer for 6 months.
  • austin
    austin Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    c8ndice wrote: »
    Try a card from the Sygma group, eg Flybe, or My World.

Do you have children? If so you could put homemaker/domestic responsibilities for occupation. This is what I did last year when I applied, and was accepted for both cards with good limits and 0% on balance transfer for 6 months.

no, i dont have kids but nothing stopping me putting down domestic? think ill try this!
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Similar situation here. What do you put for employer name, employer address, time at employer, etc if you put domestic?
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    austin wrote: »
    Thing is im desperate for a 0% balance transfer as im paying around £40 per month INTEREST ONLY on 2 CC's

Think about it from the Credit Card’s point of view: You have about £ 2400 debts on two cards (at 20 % APR that will cost you £ 40 per month), and no significant income.

Now you want to take up more debt. You might have every intention to transfer and reduce the interest, but nobody can be certain you actually will. Once you got a new card, you might just spend the money in addition to the old debt, so ending up deeper in the brown stuff.

In the current economic climate your chances of being accepted anywhere (let alone on a nil or low APR card) are very slim
    to non-existent.

I would lay off new applications until your financial situation has improved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure