Freezing Sandwiches?

Options

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a great time saver. Will try it next week.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options
    I do this with sliced meats, meat pastes and grated cheese. I think tuna mayo would work, too. I once tried cream cheese (ie philadelphia) and it went all manky. :-X

My Stepdad used to take a packed lunch and he would take a Marmite sandwich and a sachet of cuppa soup. Nice in cold weather and makes a change from just sandwiches.

Marsie: If your husband has a locker or desk at work, he could keep a pack of cereal bars, bag of apples etc and then he wouldn't have to run round every morning gathering his lunch together. Just throw the frozen sandwiches in his bag :)

I freeze ahead for my son's lunches because I'm not very organised in the mornings. I used to freeze cornish pasties, but he told me they didn't defrost before lunchtime and he had cold crunchy pastie! My boss's wife used to pack him frozen sandwiches because he was on a diet. You should have seen him by 11.30, gazing pathetically at his icy sandwiches and willing them to defrost ::)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    whats miserly mums, sure i've heard of it, but can't think where
    It was originally on your food shopping for family-ish thread but here is link
    http://www.miserlymoms.com/
    Also if you put words like frugal or thrifty into search you may find more moneysaving sites. Never found one as good as this tho.
    Some of the American sites will give you a giggle if nothing else. They talk of saving money by putting 2 loads in dryer at once or rave about the benefits of drying washing on a line ???
    If you find anything good please tell us
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks spendless, had a peek and it looks fab, and i remember it from before. is on my favs now tho, so will be giving it a good loo ;Dk.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    other than that what i do for my hubby is buy the pick & mix  mini pickle jars from morrisonsand put one of them in lunch box. works out more expensive than big jar of pickles but still cheaper than buying sandwich every day.

Why not save a couple of the mini-jars and refill each day from a normal sized jar. You'd have to train your hubby to bring the empty ones home though ;) Could do the same with salad cream - I always find if you put it in the sandwich it goes all limp and messy before you eat them.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Spendless
    Options

Why not save a couple of the mini-jars and refill each day from a normal sized jar. You'd have to train your hubby to bring the empty ones home though ;) Could do the same with salad cream - I always find if you put it in the sandwich it goes all limp and messy before you eat them.
    Good idea. Tho hubby not very well trained about fetching empty sandwich boxes home.
  • Spendless
    Options
    Put above idea to hubby and he actually agreed it was a good idea :o - this from man who makes fun of me being on here even tho he knew about site 1st. So thank you Bogof Babe
  • Bogof_Babe
    Options
    Aw I am so pleased. Moderators - do I get my first star now I've actually helped someone on this site? ;D

• Bogof_Babe
    Options
    I don't belieeeeeve it - I have got a "Notso" at last :o How exciting :D

• Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    [move][glow=red,2,300]CONGRATS[/glow][/move]

B_B on your 'Notso'

! got my 'EverSo' today so I am thrilled too!
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport