Where can we eat cheaply in North Wales & Anglesey?

2»

Comments

• ellanvannin_2
    ellanvannin_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    cagsd wrote: »
    We have been a few times to the Gazelle which is just outside of Beaumaris, haven't been for a few years now but every time we've been it's been lovely food and good value for money. xx
    http://thegazellehotel.com/

Thanks for the recommendation. I know the Gazelle has wonderful waterside views over to Bangor & the pier. It's years since we went too, and all I can remember is that things like baked potatoes were a silly price, and my hubby doesn't like a lot of foods. He eats a bit more types of food now, so maybe we'll try it again.
  • SAHARA
    SAHARA Posts: 187 Forumite
    I've been looking for places to eat that don't cost the earth too! I found this website http://www.mypubheaven.com/pubsearch . There is only 1 pub in North Wales, The Old Station Hotel, LLandudno Junction, but if you register with them, they send you a £5 off voucher, valid for a month. The prices are really cheap too, they're part of the Punch chain, and in my local place, for example, a Mixed Grill is £13, here it's £6 odd. Hope this helps somebody!
    July Grocery Challenge Budget £160
    Spent
  • Thanks for that link, I'll give it a try. Kaye
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    If anyone's further east than Llandudno - then try 'The Ship' in Rhos-on-Sea. The speciality of the house (or at least it was several years ago), is a meat pie.
    But this meat pie is almost the size of the plate, full of off-cuts from the carvery. It is a 'challenge' to see if you can finish it or not, many do not - I did, but only just!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • palh
    palh Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 25 June 2010 at 5:56PM
    Stopping in Holyhead and have transport then just pop up the road to Valley and as others have found out.
    Good choice reasonable value.

When visiting on 14 June 2010 it was noticed that the Bulls Head just up the road in Valley was advertising "Under New Management" and "Food available".

Also, there is a Chinese over the road from the Valley Hotel.

Did not try either though, so no comments.

p.s. Anyone stopping at the Travelodge should consider breakfast at Morrisons really good value. For £3.29/£3.69.
    Also, Sunday Lunch - Bangor, try The Nelson on Beach Rd - Gets very busy so be prepared for wait.
  • I would never eat at the Antelope again,Took my wife there last year cant remember if it was valentines or her birthday anyway i ordered beef my wife ordered gammon!The beef and the gammon were burnt on one side so they just fliped them over so that they looked ok,So disappointing as we had eaten at this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure