What to send to Afghanistan?

Options
12346»

Comments

• welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    Thanxs for your answers. I didn't think it would be a good idea due to the pressure. But it was worth asking for your opinions :)
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    I've sent a couple of parcels so far to my boyfriend that's in Afghan. Im about to send another for his birthday. Each time i have to fill out the customs declaration form that goes on the parcel to declare whats in the parcel. Im sending him a few birthday gifts and I'm thinking he will know what's inside b4 he opens it for his birthday??
  • dw85
    dw85 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    With regards to Cutoms parcel contents, you don't have to be specific to a point. DVDs can be optical media (I know I sent out USB sticks with videos and pictures) but I know I didn't list every single item.
    Depends what you are sending but there will be a way of being descriptive without giving the game away as to what it is exactly. What do you have in mind?
    Change is inevitable...nothing stays the same forever
    :beer:
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    dw85 wrote: »
    With regards to Cutoms parcel contents, you don't have to be specific to a point. DVDs can be optical media (I know I sent out USB sticks with videos and pictures) but I know I didn't list every single item.
    Depends what you are sending but there will be a way of being descriptive without giving the game away as to what it is exactly. What do you have in mind?

Thank you :) I've got him a dvd along with some artist pencils & scotch book as he loves his drawing. Looking for a small photo frame too so i can put a photo of us in it. I'm going 2 keep his main things for when he's back on his R and R in February as he won't get any use of them out there :) Its the 1st time doing something like this so i was a little suck with ideas of what 2 send him. This forum has helped me lots!
  • dw85
    dw85 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    That's ok, you could list the art supplies as stationary or something.
    My fianc! deployed last week to the other side of the world for four months, so will be back to the routine (it's the 4th time he's gone whilst we have been together) but will miss being able to send free parcels!
    Got into the habit of sending him a copy of a motorcycle newspaper every week...by the end of he last tour I was v friendly with the local PO!
    Must remember to actually get and post Christmas stuff early as well. BFPO website should have last dates but it will get very busy, it always does, so try and allow extra time. :)
    Change is inevitable...nothing stays the same forever
    :beer:
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    dw85 wrote: »
    That's ok, you could list the art supplies as stationary or something.
    My fianc! deployed last week to the other side of the world for four months, so will be back to the routine (it's the 4th time he's gone whilst we have been together) but will miss being able to send free parcels!
    Got into the habit of sending him a copy of a motorcycle newspaper every week...by the end of he last tour I was v friendly with the local PO!
    Must remember to actually get and post Christmas stuff early as well. BFPO website should have last dates but it will get very busy, it always does, so try and allow extra time. :)

Will certainly have to start thinking about Christmas soon! I'm just trying to find small things 2 send to him as i know what i send out to him, he must carry back with him :) Thanxs again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure