First Debt Elimination

Options

Comments

• oceanv
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I have been in touch with my credit card issuer. I need to speak to the retail dispute department who are only available until 6pm. I will try again tomorrow.
  • oceanv
    Options
    Any information you can give I would really appreciate
  • polina
    polina Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    oceanv wrote: »
    Yes, I have experience of these conpanies. They took my money and I have got no where with them. I have attempted to call First Debt Elimination many times. The phone rings once or twice and goes dead. Park Lane Services are as bad. No one has a surname, the phone numbers I have ring once or twice and go dead. When I ring the number on the website, if it gets answered, the person who I need to speak to is always out of the office and my calls do not get returned, my emails to them do not get replied to. I am sure this is a scam and a costly one at that. I have checked the details on Companies House for Park Lane Services, there is a company with that name, but registered to a different address to that on my letters from them????? . I read somewhere that they are being investigated by The Ministry of Justice. I shall be phoning them tomorrow. I hope I can recover my money.

me too, i paid first debt elimination £995 in may to wipe off balances on 5 of my credit cards to a lady called rachel. you are right, they are now parklane services. they have done absolutely nothing to eliminate any of my debts in fact its cost me more to keep sending their letters and phone calls. im now seriously struggling with my payments. i took the advice of this site and phoned the ministry of justice. they are currently investigating this company & if you google deep enough by adding international (which is the one on my credit card statement), they have had alot of bad press. i am pleased to say with the fantasic help of the ministry of justice i will be getting a full refund. phone them and dont accept anything less.
  • polina
    polina Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    oceanv wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I have been in touch with my credit card issuer. I need to speak to the retail dispute department who are only available until 6pm. I will try again tomorrow.

its easier to go to the ministry of justice, they act for you. this way they complile more complaints & you are guarranteed to get your money back. im in the process now. good luck
  • Ro0483
    Options
    I think my parents have been scammed by this crowd too. My mum received a phone call from them back in March this year and she paid over £900 for them to investigate 3 credit cards, however only one of the cards was in my mum's name, the other two my dad's. First Debt Elimination only ever contact my mum yet the name on the 'agreement' is my dad's (he has never once spoken to them). Also, they took the payment off my dad's card, yet it was my mum gave them the details over the phone.

They were quick at sending out the paperwork but my parents didn't send them back until July - even though the payment had already been made. In between this time my mum had numerous phone calls about the paperwork, they rang when my mum was at work and spoke to myself about it - at the time I thought that was bad practice as although I told the girl I was their daughter they shouldn't have been discussing my parents finances with me. Can we take them under the Data Protection Act for this breach as well as claiming back the money already paid?

They never return phone calls or e-mails now.
  • Sarahoz
    Options
    It looks like both me and my brother have been scammed by First Debt Elimination too. The company were recommended to me by a friend who had successfully had all her debt cleared by them at the beginning of the year. However, neither myself or my brother have received any reasonable response from them after waiting 4 months from paying the company their fees for their 'service'. I will be contacting the Ministry of Justice and advising my brother to do the same. Thank you to everyone who posted on this site.
  • sally109
    Options
    Hi looks like ive been scammed by these too, so angry with myself.

Promised me worst case senorio debt free in 1yr 7mths or best if their sucessful in court & my debts get eliminated i would be debt free in 1 yr 1mth.

They want £195 up front then £120 a mth there after my debts are relatively small so i thought sounded really good on the phone, came on here to check it out after giving them all my details (apart from my bank details although they know which bank!!) am really shocked and i wont be signing any papers which a courier is bringing tomorrow only had the call tonight!!!!

Thanks to all posts on here

Sally
  • sally109
    Options
    After yesterdays conversation i rang to cancel the courier coming round with the papers for me to sign. After this i got a phone call to ask why and told me they are newly registered with ministry of justice?? So i rang the MOJ they tell me they are not registered as 1st step but maybe under another name, if they are not registered then what they are doing is illegal?????. They also do not tell anyone whether they are investigating unless extereme circumstances:mad:
    Ignoring all phone calls from these people from now on.......
  • flyingscot54
    Options
    Hi,

I am curious to find out if the following company with the name First Step Finance are in any way connected to First Debt Elimination, they are based in Manchester and I was approached by a Lead Gen company who then passed me onto First Step to go through the information gathering process. They are charging a fee of 25% of the gross debt value and claim to reduce the debt after a term of between 18 months to 3 years based on the total amount paid plus also offer to re-claim bank charges and mis-sold PPI policies.

I await your reply and look forward to finding out more.

Regards,

flyingscot54
  • rach16
    Options
    hi,
    i signed up with first debt elimination back in july it cost me £2500 and since then all they have done is sent out 3 challenging letters with still no look ,when i call them theres never no one 2 talk 2 i just dont seem 2 b getting anywhere ,so 2 day i decided 2 look them up and found this site OMG i think i have been scammed ,can some one please put my mind at ease and tell me its not true ,and if this nightmare is true please help i dont know what i have got 2 do next, how do i go about getting my money back ,regards rach
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure