Options
1235»

Comments

• ourrac
    ourrac Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    My award runs out 4th Feb but I didn't receive a renewal pack as expected and had to request one.
    I returned it mid September and got the letter stating they had received it on the 20th .
    I heard nothing at all since then so I phoned them on Friday 15th January and was told that a decision had been in October made but nothing had been noted on the computer so they couldn't tell what it was !
    I was told they had to request my file from storage but they would have it faxed for speed and would phone me back on Tuesday.
    I heard nothing so I called them and had to explain everthing again and was told 'we have to request your file..blah blah blah' when I said it should have already been there they said it hadn't been requested yet and nobody had noted my previous call.They said they would get it faxed within 24 hours and would phone me the next day.
    Got no call so I phoned again and was told that there was no one on that department available but they would get some one to call me the next day.
    Didn't happen..surprise surprise....so had to call again and go through the whole story again. I was told no way would the file get there that quick it could take 2 or 3 weeks !!!
    Getting slightly worried now as I haven't been able to apply for renewal of the blue badge and need this decision to do so.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How odd, I'd actually make a complaint about this seeing as it's feb next week. Phone and ask for the customer service manager, write down their name and formally complain, every time you phone only ask for that person, if you need to put it in writing too.

Sorry cant help much more, but hopefully speaking to a manager, not repeating your story every time you phone and making it formal will get it sorted quickly.
  • ourrac
    ourrac Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Shel, Ill give that a go :)
  • yummymum80
    yummymum80 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2010 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I'd like to know - how many years do you have to renewal DLA?

I lost my DLA back in 1997. Then I tried again in 2004, then I got turn down and went to a Tribunal. It was very daunting indeed and they asked me questions about my disability etc. And I won with the help of my deaf/hoh/disability support worker and I got both lower rate for
    Care and Mobility component.
    Good luck to everyone - who are waiting to hear from DLA.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At what stage are they sending out the DLA renewal forms these days? I thought it was 6mths but my claim is due to end in June and I've not yet received them.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • julie3009
    Options
    i got my forms to renew my dla in december, it was the new 4 page renewal form, i sent if off on the 7th jan and recived my new award letter today (29th jan) so i only waited 3 weeks.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    julie3009 wrote: »
    i got my forms to renew my dla in december, it was the new 4 page renewal form, i sent if off on the 7th jan and recived my new award letter today (29th jan) so i only waited 3 weeks.

When was your claim originally due to run out? I'm trying to work out when I'll receive my renewal form.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • julie3009
    Options
    my claim was due to end in april, hope this helps you.
  • textron
    Options
    My claim is due in May and I got my renewal in December. Received my award yesterday, it took exactly 4 weeks, hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure