DLA Renewal - How long for decision???

Options

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My husband has been told this week it will take 12 weeks for his renewal.

They have had it three weeks. And the claim ended on the 31st of December.

Oops looks like husband will be on reduced income for the next 3 and bit months.

Never mind.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • confused123456789
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »

Oops looks like husband will be on reduced income for the next 3 and bit months.

Never mind.

Yours

Calley

i have also been told 10 to 12 weeks for my renewel, even though my acknolegment letter said 8 weeks
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Never mind.

Yours

Calley

Don't they sent out the forms 6 months before the claim ends?:confused:
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options

Never mind.

Yours

Calley

To be fair, as you previously said you had the renewal forms July/August but didn't send them in until December! He would have had a decision a long time ago, way before his claim ended 31st December.

Anyway hope they renew his award!
  • confused123456789
    Options
    TOBRUK wrote: »
    To be fair, as you previously said you had the renewal forms July/August but didn't send them in until December! He would have had a decision a long time ago, way before his claim ended 31st December.

i have just recieved my dla decision, got the same as before, they told me 10/12 weeks but its only been 5 weeks , so yours will hopefully come in the next few weeks, hope all goes well
  • mouseymousey99
    Options
    OH's renewal date is late May, today in the post he received the renewal pack so looks like they are trying to get it all on track.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 January 2010 at 10:11PM
    Options
    TOBRUK wrote: »

I not really sure what your point is?

We know we sent them in late. Am I making a big fuss about it and crying we will have reduced income or stressing about it. No. He knows he should have done it earlier. But he is an adult and I can't make him do things he does not want to.

But would we have had a decision any earlier? I doubt it if it is a truly a 12 weeks lead time and we sent it in at the end of August, start of September giving us a month in which to complete the forms. 12 Weeks would have made it a week or two before chirstmas :confused: So I am not sure how that would have been a decision a long time before the claim ran out.

Have you ever thought that by sending forms months in advance it clogs the systems up and that is why they are quoting 12 weeks. As they deal with the claims that are going to run out first.

Why would they not renew his award :confused:if he fits their criteria.

Which they have and it has taken just about 4 weeks it was confirmed on the phone this morning. Letter in the post.

I do find some peoples replies here very strange. I just stated what my husband had been told on the phone by the DWP about renewal times and what a silly boy he had been. As someone had asked about renewal times. And people start going on about don't they send forms out 6 months in advance. Again I have to ask :confused:. I was not asking for comments about how silly my husband had been to leave it so late and wondering why people felt the need to comment at all. When it makes no difference to them and I was not asking for advice or making a big deal about it.

Each to their own.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But sending in the forms means that there won't be a break in the claim. They send them out 6 months early for a reason.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • confused123456789
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    But sending in the forms means that there won't be a break in the claim. They send them out 6 months early for a reason.

i totally agreesh1305 they send them out six months for a reason.

tobruk you are too touchy, nobody was having a go at you and then you go on the defensive, writing a big long message, at the end of the you should have sent the forms in months ago, they cant prioritise yours because that would not be fair on other people
    that have sent the forms in on time, its people like you that clog up the system, boo hoo, get a grip and deal with it
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    i totally agreesh1305 they send them out six months for a reason.

tobruk you are too touchy, nobody was having a go at you and then you go on the defensive, writing a big long message, at the end of the you should have sent the forms in months ago, they cant prioritise yours because that would not be fair on other people
    that have sent the forms in on time, its people like you that clog up the system, boo hoo, get a grip and deal with it

Hi confused, I'm sorry, I don't understand what your refering to - I haven't sent any long message or been touchy. I sent my renewal forms back within 2 weeks of receiving them and had a decision within 5 weeks, a long time before the award was up. I think you may be referring to someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure