We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Just A Quick Update!

13»

Comments

  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Hi there SS,

    Glad you got the HSBC and I'm sure you'll insist on the 9 months as that's what you applied for and you have it in black and white. Being paranoid I'd do a photocopy of said letter and leave the original at home so the bank can't dissappear it when you take it in. That is paranoid! On the increasing the limit I've managed to get mine increased with M&S, (owned by HSBC) last year and this year with LTSB. Both times this was initially refused but I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and did a good spiel. With LTSB it was harder and I had to send in bank statements etc but got there. May be worth another try with HSBC.

    On a different note I started to give my story but lost it by hitting the wrong key at the wrong time! Then no time to retype. Like Kathfisch no where as impressive as many on here, your goodself included.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    kathfisch wrote:
    Of course I don't mind you asking! I think I will write it all down, maybe start a thread with it rather than hijack yours! Haven't posted it before because it really isn't as impressive as many on here but it can't hurt I suppose. Would be interesting to read people's comments.

    *goes off to start writing the essay* :rotfl:

    Okey Dokey, here you go! Apologies that it is so long, just got waffling y'know?! No hard feelings if you don't read it all, was just good to write it down ;)
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    OK, so late last evening I spoke to HSBC and they ballsed up my direct debit and she siad she would send out another form! Now this was about 8:30pm!

    So this morning on the doormat was a direct debit form to fill out from HSBC! :eek:

    And no they aren't the speedy and efficient, the letter was dated from Monday! :rotfl:
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    TweeyPie wrote:
    SS don't mean to be nosy but have you contacted any type of credit counselling service? Are your debts loans or credit cards?

    Nosey? Thats just damn right intrusive! :p;) :rotfl:

    Only kidding! :D

    I haven't contacted anyone like CCCS or Payplan. The reason being was that I had never missed a payment, although I was robbing Peter to pay Paul but I didn't want to ruin my credit rating.

    The way I see is, if I default and do a DMP it will be 6 years until I can get a mortgage, even though it would probably be cheaper. Taking the route I have I should be able to get one in 4 years even though it will cost me more due to interest!

    When I first had my lightbulb moment I did look at the CCCS website and input the info they ask and it did say to call them immediately! Remember that kicked home the feeling of needing to sortr myself out! :o

    My debts are as below! Although I'm just waiting for £2250 to be transferred from the Amazon card to the HSBC card! :D

    Egg (Limit - £500) = £169.60
    Capital One (Limit - £8,000) = £6,948.12
    Morgan Stanley (Limit - £2,700) 5.9% for life = £2,263.52
    Tesco (Limit - £600) 7.9% for life = £512.79
    Amazon (Limit £5,300) 0% - 21st March ‘06 - 12.9% = £4,401.13
    HSBC (Limit £2250) 0% - 14th December ‘06 – 14.9% = £0
    Tesco Loan 6.7% = £16,071.48

    Total: = £30,366.64
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    And no they aren't the speedy and efficient, the letter was dated from Monday! :rotfl:

    I took a double take there thinking they were amazingly efficient :rotfl: Thanks for clarifying :D

    Hope you get it sorted soon, what a mess :mad:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Do you realise - you have reduced your debt by £3887 since sept 2005? Well done to you things are lookng up don't let this blimp get you down :j :beer:
    became debt free December 06
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Do you realise - you have reduced your debt by £3887 since sept 2005? Well done to you things are lookng up don't let this blimp get you down :j :beer:

    Is it a lot? It doesn't seem it to me! It's hardly made a dent in my debt! :doh:

    Think I'm just getting really impatient! :p
  • You are doing briilliant and if you can keep up the good work (mse-ing) you will begin to appreciate and see your self getting out of debt. :D:D I admire the aproach you have took on being debt free. All of us come up against the opposition sometimes but on this board we are all fighters and will eventually win in the end. Go S.Scouser Go!! :D:D
    became debt free December 06
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.