transfer form for Natwest e-ISA - help

Options
Hi,

I've finally got the paperwork that says my new Natwest e-savings and Natwest e-IS accounts have been opened and have the account numbers and sort code.
Now I want to transfer in from my previous years Halifax isas into the Natwest e-IS and am trying to complete the transfer form.

For name of current cash isa provider, account number and sort code - who do I put? natwest as they are this financial year's provider? or Halifax as that is where I want to transfer from?
If i don't complete this with the Halifax details then there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to tell them where to transfer from.

It also asks which year i would like to start subscribing to this isa (ie. the isa i have completed the above info for)

Can anyone help please I'm very confused.

I haven't used any of this financial year's allowance yet and will only use it in the natwest e-ISA but want to transfer all the monies in my old halifax isa.

thanks
MS Stalwart. Used site for >10 years :j

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing

Comments

• dazeruk
    dazeruk Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Current cash ISA provider, account number and sort code - this is where the money is coming from, in your case your Halifax account details.

Which year - you open the account as if you are going to deposit money this tax year so put 2009/2010. (I guess this is the same form that was being used for the 2008/2009 tax year, so it has have the option for both to be written)
  • zebedy
    zebedy Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, but I've already opened the Natwest e-ISA so I can't put that the Halifax ISA is for the current financial year as it will mean i have 2 accounts for one tax year

still confused

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing
  • dazeruk
    edited 30 April 2009 at 11:34AM
    Options
    zebedy wrote: »
    thanks, but I've already opened the Natwest e-ISA so I can't put that the Halifax ISA is for the current financial year as it will mean i have 2 accounts for one tax year

still confused

Are we looking at the same form?

The one I completed was this one

http://www.natwest.com/content/personal/savings/isas/downloads/transfer_service.pdf

The phrase 'and subscribe to this cash ISA for the tax year 20 /20' relates to the ISA you are moving the money into (the new Natwest e-ISA) not the ISA you are moving the money from (your Halifax ISA).
  • zebedy
    Options
    yes, this is the same form.
    I don't see how that phrase can apply to the new ISA (Natwest e-ISa) as it i spart of the same sentence where you have just given details of the ISA you are transferring from (in my case Halifax).

So I have now completed it by deleting this sentence as I am not subscribing to my Halifax ISA this year. I will be subscribing to the Natwest e-ISA.

I find it a bit strange that they don't ask for my NatWest e-ISA account number on this form??

• dazeruk
    Options
    zebedy wrote: »
    yes, this is the same form.
    I don't see how that phrase can apply to the new ISA (Natwest e-ISa) as it i spart of the same sentence where you have just given details of the ISA you are transferring from (in my case Halifax).

So I have now completed it by deleting this sentence as I am not subscribing to my Halifax ISA this year. I will be subscribing to the Natwest e-ISA.

I find it a bit strange that they don't ask for my NatWest e-ISA account number on this form??

They differentiate the two by using the phrases 'exisiting ISA' (the Halifax ISA) and 'this ISA' (the new Natwest e-ISA). I believe you have crossed out the declaration that you will be subscribing to the Natwest e-ISA. How on earth would a form sent to Natwest commit you to continuing to subscribe to a Halifax ISA? I completed my form using the definitions I stated and my ISA has been transferred correctly.
  • matthew74
    matthew74 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    The form is awful. I added a covering letter explaining what I wanted to do and it has all been sorted in a week.

Good luck.
  • zebedy
    Options
    Thanks all, for your responses.
    I've completed the form as best I can and posted it off so fingers crossed it'll work

• malik999
    malik999 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    matthew74 wrote: »
    The form is awful. I added a covering letter explaining what I wanted to do and it has all been sorted in a week.

Good luck.

The whole thing is ridiculous imo. Its all so long winded. I expect to be able to go onto Natwests website and sort my isa transfer instantly. Instead i'm weighed down in paperwork for weeks first opening account consisiting of paperwork, then applying for a isa more paperwork, then applying to transfer my egg isa into my Natwest ISA more paperwork.
    The forms are poorly compiled and don't explain to them what i am doing imo. They are just creating work and costs for themselves with weeks of paperwork. Absolute stupidity.
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    their transfer form/process is pretty awful.

i've had nothing but trouble and delays and returned forms!!!:mad:

why can't these be done online and nice and smooth and simple???:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family