tiscali Tv and broadband.

Options
ok i seen the offer on tiscali website. for £25 per month you get tv, broadband and calls. Has anyone used tiscalli and what is the tv package like, it seems pretty average (like virgin / freeview) so im unsure if its worth it.

Also im a very heavy internet user allthough most activity takes place overnight (as a developer its common to download over 200gb per month) and there fair use policy says 100gb but says its mainly in mainstream hours.

The options im looking at are freeview and broadband and phone from seperate compaies or tiscali / virgin. I read a lot of negative things about vrigin o wondered if anyone had anything to say about tiscali thnks

Comments

• iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might wish you never asked this question lol.

I'm a Tiscali user and have been for many years and found them very good. I have all my services with them and all have been very good. I was worried about my line not supporting the TV but other than it pixalating once or twice its been great quality and a good range of channels. The free on demand service is great too, loads to watch on there.

I found my broadband actually sped up after we had TV installed, I was on the 8mb package but never got more than 3mb, I now get about 5-6mb.

We're heavy users, not sure how much I daren't look but I've never been FUP'd or throttled.

I suspect the rest of the thread will be people telling you the opposite :)
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Your assumptions were correct - :mad::eek: Tiscali have the worst customer experience of any ISP (reference ispreview .co .uk and reviewcentre .com). To save a long and drawn out answer yes I got burned and they still refuse to answer my letters - overseas calls centres with unsympathetic and rude staff.
    they recently appeared on BBC watchdog and gave the usual shpeal "that they are aware of these problems and are working hard to improve things!"
    these problems have been well known for three years!!!

Tiscali are deeply in debt and been up for sale for over a year, no buyers, with luck they shouldn't exist by the end of this year :T not pleasant for people left out of pocket but this company are truly horrendous and deserve all they get.

Do you really need a tv package these days with allot of stuff coming online for free? plus if you haven't already - check out - samknows. com to find out when your local telephone exhange is due to be upgraded to BT's all singing all dancing 21st digital network....the timescales on this are being pushed by the government so that come 2012 we can all watch the olympics on our computers? :confused:
    When a jar contains rocks, pebbles and sand is it truly full? What about beer?
  • I forgot to add that my exchange has yet to be releashed by BT so the cheapest option for me was err BT landline then O2 for broadband (all sorted after Tiscali failed to deliver the broadband) ...
    I have had an excellent experience with 02. Was connected within 7 days of ordering, with no issues ,I was sent daily texts to keep me inform of my order.
    I was informed the maximum speed for my area would be 3.5mb and while the speed was slow at first (around 0.5-0.75MB at peak) they sent me an email saying they had spotted this and increased capacity in the area hence now I'm averaging 2mb at peak times that is not to be sniffed at for most users. I have yet to use the UK call centres but on first impressions, cannot fault them.
    When a jar contains rocks, pebbles and sand is it truly full? What about beer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure