Cancelling a sky package

Options
I recently joined sky and signed up with the variety pack and movies1 pack. I now want to cancel the movies pack as we won't use it, can I cancel it online or do I have to phone them to cancel?

Comments

• johng_uk
    johng_uk Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    I always find it best to call in to cancel.

They will probably try to retain you by offering half price for 3 months or so, but stick to your guns and cancel completely if this is your wish.
    John :beer:

Life's too short.........
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will probably find you are stuck with the movies pack for a year under the contract you agreed to.
    Give them a ring anyway, if you are stuck they might bring the price down for you
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • johng_uk
    johng_uk Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    You will probably find you are stuck with the movies pack for a year under the contract you agreed to.
    Give them a ring anyway, if you are stuck they might bring the price down for you

Good point, well presented. I never really read the "recently joined" bit!!

As Annie says, tell them how unaffordable you find it in these hard times and see what they say :)
    John :beer:

Life's too short.........
  • catwoman
    catwoman Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    When I joined I was told by the adviser that I could cancel the movies straight away just had to join up with it?!.
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options

no you wont the contract is that you subscribe to sky any pack will do i had the whole package and cancelled to just entertainment after 1month but if you upgrade then you have to keep that pack for a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure