We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What have you spent today 13th March?

135

Comments

  • sandanista
    sandanista Posts: 60 Forumite
    Nothing. :)
    I've lost over 100lbs in two years, I can be debt free too.
  • £41 petrol
    £10 on 5 jars of Nescafe 200g-normally £3.50 a jar:eek:


    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    skintchick wrote:
    Things were going so well....

    £1 on a birthday card for my cousin

    £2 on two skirts from a charity shop

    £3.50 on a cardi from a charity shop

    And then I went into Primark....... :rolleyes: :o

    £50 later...yes, that's fifty smackers, I now have more clothes than will actually fit in my wardrobe!!!

    OK, I got nine things for that £50, but it's MONEY I DIDN'T HAVE!!!!

    So now I have to claw it back :o

    Underspend on petrol is £8, underspend so far on food this month is £21.31, and I have £10 in the £2 coin club jar, so I guess that's not sooooo bad, and I do have all my spring tops sorted now (hardly had any before as office I used to work in was hot and home office not so).

    But still, I hang my profligate head in shame :o:o:o

    Hey!! Don't give yourself such a hard time! Sounds like you got loads for your money ;) Looks like good moneysaving to me :D
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Finally got my broadband fixed, so I'm back online. Spent £0.59 on a birthday card and £0.30 on some wrapping paper today. It's for my mum's birthday and the present is already accounted for. Heading over there in a bit to give it all to her.

    Expensive weekend though, went to Falmouth to visit a friend who is doing a Masters there. Brilliant time and met some really cool people, was messy and expensive though, so a bit strapped for the rest of the month. Still, you have to have fun sometimes.

    That's all for today...
    Personal ISA Contributions Challenge - current £0 (as at 1 April 2014) / target £15,000 (deadline 31 Mar 2015)
  • louB_5
    louB_5 Posts: 249 Forumite
    £1.00 for replacement libarary card.
    £2.00 Coin Savers Club - £72.00 :j :j


    Boots Points £10.06 Saving For Christmas
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Not too brilliant...but not too awful either.

    £5 DD for her school day trip
    £10 petrol, did too much taxiing kids around at the weekend
    99p mouthguard for DD for rugby
    £7.75 Sainsbury's
    £3.85 newsagents magazine treat, because I have been very good recently!
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • harrie_2
    harrie_2 Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    1 pound 50p for me bread paper no spend tommorow hopefully :j
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    20p on a second class stamp
    £1 on somebody at works leaving card/collection
    £7.20 on an EBAY parcel.....originally quoted £13 but when I went like this: :eek: they quickly said "Or you can send it by Royal Mail Standard Parels which is £7.20!"

    So, not too bad considering I get the money back on the EBAY parcel (£7 but I can live with a 20p loss!)

    PS Hope you feel better soon ScottishSpendaholic!
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    £45 on petrol for me

    :heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    £1.00 on bread and sweets for daughters. Its been a cheap weekend too, I spent a whopping 99p at Ikea on a bath mat (We went to price up units so it wasn't a totally wasted trip) Its my partners birthday in two days so I expect some more expense then as we are going out for an indian and I'll get a cake as well as all the lovely pressies!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.