We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What have you spent today 13th March?

245

Comments

  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Nothing so far and don't intend to spend anything either :D

    £10 spending money for week - so far, intact :j :j :j
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Lucifer
    Lucifer Posts: 173 Forumite
    £4.25 tonight for Slimming world (out of my £10 pocket money for the week).

    Trust me to try and lose weight at the same time as stop spending...
    "I will be debtfree":p
  • RVK2
    RVK2 Posts: 379 Forumite
    64p to post a DVD to Tesco Jersey..ordered the DVD game instead of DVD :rolleyes: Hopefully that's it for today. I've got £4.36 out of £5 spendies left to last me till Monday, and I've just found out I've got a visitor staying for 2 days/nights..what's the betting I go over budget? lol
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    £1.80 on a baguette for lunch as a treat, very yummy!
    £1.58 on lilets, can't be helped ;)
    £1.97 on little boxes of juice, as convenient as cans of coke but healthier :j
    90p on an ebay parcel but that doesn't count.
    £15 on petrol but is for a project I'm doing at the mo so will get it back.

    So thats £5.35 out of my weekly budget, not too bad but hopefully a no spend tomorrow :D
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Gerradene
    Gerradene Posts: 179 Forumite
    Had a pretty cheap weekend - went to pizza hut and had the £3.99 buffet and £1.79 refillable drink.

    Have made it through lunch without spending anything so today is first no spend day of the week :T

    Also deposited £120 into current account (money owed from bf). As usual they tried to upgrade my account, 'It only takes a couple of minutes.......' i asked is there a charge? answer: 'yes, £10 a month' :eek: My answer: 'NO THANKS' :rolleyes:

    Don't know why it annoys me so much, as soon as my credit rating improves i will change banks :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club member no. 019 :D
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    hee hee ive spent nothing and managed to get £120 back from water company that we were in credit by- better in my acount than theirs :-)

    P.s asda 8p noodles are pretty good for lunchesfilling and cheap (can you tell im a student?) :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Things were going so well....

    £1 on a birthday card for my cousin

    £2 on two skirts from a charity shop

    £3.50 on a cardi from a charity shop

    And then I went into Primark....... :rolleyes: :o

    £50 later...yes, that's fifty smackers, I now have more clothes than will actually fit in my wardrobe!!!

    OK, I got nine things for that £50, but it's MONEY I DIDN'T HAVE!!!!

    So now I have to claw it back :o

    Underspend on petrol is £8, underspend so far on food this month is £21.31, and I have £10 in the £2 coin club jar, so I guess that's not sooooo bad, and I do have all my spring tops sorted now (hardly had any before as office I used to work in was hot and home office not so).

    But still, I hang my profligate head in shame :o:o:o
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    I've spent £24 on petrol, fuel is my biggest expense each week because of my 76 mile commute 4 days per week.
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    About £3 at Tesco and envisage £1 at the local shop later on some kitty biscuits.
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Nothing so far & dont intend to spend anything tonight (going to the gym).

    Been told that our pay day is changing so will be 1st instead of 22nd - should be ok (there's only a few days in it)!!

    Just booked a hotel for friends wedding, its all going to add up, so my 2nd job money in April will be going towards the wedding rather than my trip, but at least I am not digging into my travel fund for it, and come payday my travel fund will stand at £4,500 - whooooo!!!

    OOoh, skint chick - I love primark!! Must go again soon!! Can you PM me your address so that I can send you the white boob tube!!

    Off to gym now, its going to hurt as I havent been in a few weeks!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.