a good use for prizes you can't use

Options

Comments

• Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A club I attend was the beneficiary of a number of my smaller prizes for the monthly raffles...:)
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping up to the top
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Yvette394
    Options
    Bumping up to the top

Thanks for bumping as I hadn't seen this post before. I think this is a great idea especially when you receive runner up prizes for which you may not have entered a competition for. I will definitely make sure I send a card and present now.
    Apr - Makitia DAB Radio

Wins 2013 £3996, 2014 £1125, 2015 £2906, 2016 £3058 2017 £1025 2018 £6738 2019 £326
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Post Pals is a little different from most children's charities. A lot do amazing and grand things which create a happy memory or something to look forward to. What we do doesn't sound that grand on paper, but we provide daily smiles and support which are desperately needed when battling a life threatening illness.

Did you know we have made Ruby smile for 1235 days? We made Megan smile for 2920 days? We supported a family through years of cancer treatment and have helped a child for the 1600 days since her siblings death. We supported and helped Brooklyn for 1460 days despite him only turning 6 last week. We have even made Jayde smile for a huge total of 3116 days.

We are also different as we aren't run by paid staff in an office, instead us volunteers run Post Pals from the beds which we are confined to, with a medical team who say we sacrifice too much of our health to help make the kids smile.

We really need help to keep creating these daily smiles. We need people to send cheerful post to the children through our site https://www.postpals.co.uk, buy our badges and wrist bands (https://www.postpals.co.uk/post-pals-shop/), hold a fundraiser for us (http://www.postpals.co.uk/fundraising-details/), buy a pack of lovely greeting cards for only £5, sign up as an assigned writer (assigned a child and you send them a letter every 2 weeks), we need help from bloggers to spread the word, and we really need people to tell all their friends and family about Post Pals. We have been working hard every day for 10 years, even when in hospital, and yet very few people have heard of us.

This short video shows how much of a difference we make http://www.postpals.co.uk/about/our-video/

Please help us to create precious smiles
    Www.postpals.co.uk - Post a smile on a sick child's face

Post Pals | Post Pals – Post a Smile on a Sick Child's Face
    https://www.postpals.co.uk
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bumping

x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• MavraChang
    Options
    Love this idea :T
  • fire**fly
    Options
    Post Pals is a little different from most children's charities. A lot do amazing and grand things which create a happy memory or something to look forward to. What we do doesn't sound that grand on paper, but we provide daily smiles and support which are desperately needed when battling a life threatening illness.

Did you know we have made Ruby smile for 1235 days? We made Megan smile for 2920 days? We supported a family through years of cancer treatment and have helped a child for the 1600 days since her siblings death. We supported and helped Brooklyn for 1460 days despite him only turning 6 last week. We have even made Jayde smile for a huge total of 3116 days.

We are also different as we aren't run by paid staff in an office, instead us volunteers run Post Pals from the beds which we are confined to, with a medical team who say we sacrifice too much of our health to help make the kids smile.

We really need help to keep creating these daily smiles. We need people to send cheerful post to the children through our site www.postpals.co.uk, buy our badges and wrist bands (www.postpals.co.uk/post-pals-shop/), hold a fundraiser for us (http://www.postpals.co.uk/fundraising-details/), buy a pack of lovely greeting cards for only £5, sign up as an assigned writer (assigned a child and you send them a letter every 2 weeks), we need help from bloggers to spread the word, and we really need people to tell all their friends and family about Post Pals. We have been working hard every day for 10 years, even when in hospital, and yet very few people have heard of us.

This short video shows how much of a difference we make http://www.postpals.co.uk/about/our-video/

Please help us to create precious smiles
    Www.postpals.co.uk - Post a smile on a sick child's face

Post Pals | Post Pals – Post a Smile on a Sick Child's Face
    www.postpals.co.uk

bumping

bump
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Beetlemama
    Beetlemama Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent idea, I'm donating my Winchester inTech science and planitarium family ticket, I didn't realise how far away it was when I entered, I had the joy of winning and someone else will hopefully have pleasure of going.
    "There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
    2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a £20 ToysRus voucher!
  • fire**fly
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Has it really been nearly 4 months since this was nudged?

bump

www.postpals.co.uk - a good use for prizes you can't use

• ForeverChanges
    Options
    What a lovely idea! I'll definitely be sending something off. It's amazing how the smallest thing can make such a difference. Thanks for bumping - wouldn't have know about it if you hadn't :)

Top wins - Florida holiday, North Carolina holiday, Sky TV for a year, wine for a year

Thanks to all who post and good luck to everyone!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport