We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

a good use for prizes you can't use

Options

Comments

• vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bumping up :)
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some of the kids are having a tough time at the moment. Particularly Jack E and Ebonie. So bumping to keep this in people's minds in case they have anything they've won that's suitable for the kids :)

http://www.postpals.co.uk/find-pals/
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a cheery Christmas for some

From their FB post yesterday
    Seems to be the week for line infections! We have lots of Pals in need of TLC
    ****is struggling with his last year of chemo (2 years of daily chemo is taking its toll)
    **** had a new area of cancer found a week or two ago which means she can't go ahead with radiotherapy
    **** has been in intensive care and is currently in HDU
    **** is in hospital with a line infection
    **** was rushed to hospital last week and had emergency surgery to remove some of her small bowel
    **** is in hospital due to ending up in septic shock
    **** is in hospital with an infection
    **** has had a couple of trips to hospital and his Mum is worried his condition has started to deteriorate
    Please consider sending them a cheerful card in the post, the address to send them to can be found on their pages here https://www.postpals.co.uk
    #Charity #postpals #volunteer #makeadifference #smallcharity #donate #cards #write #mailcall #happymail
    Update on ***- after months of waiting and having his B!T delayed he finally had a start date of Nov 21st but just before hand his donor had to pull out. The family are now having to restart the hunt for a donor, they could use some TLC and if you are young and healthy please please consider joining the register, the charity Delete Blood Cancer lets people sign up 18-60
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping again
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • zeezee33
    zeezee33 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still quite new to comping and haven't yet seen this thread, I enter some kids comps for things that my niece and nephews will like but will definitely enter more for older children as well. Hopefully I'll have some gifts to send soon but in the meantime I'll send some cards or letters. I can't seem to choose one-two children myself at the moment, Vikki do you have an idea of who I should send to, are there any children (or their siblings) not recieving much post at the moment?
  • stefalfie11
    stefalfie11 Posts: 243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bumping to say that I have just come across this thanks to Toniq mentioning postpals in another thread and can't believe I have missed it up until now. What a wonderful idea - I've got some "left over" Disney Princess stuff from a win at Christmas and have found a child who is Disney crazy on postpals. Can't think of a better person to give them to. Thanks to Toniq for bringing this to my attention :)
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping to say that I have just come across this thanks to Toniq mentioning postpals in another thread and can't believe I have missed it up until now. What a wonderful idea - I've got some "left over" Disney Princess stuff from a win at Christmas and have found a child who is Disney crazy on postpals. Can't think of a better person to give them to. Thanks to Toniq for bringing this to my attention :)
    Thank you for sharing your Princess win with a seriously ill child :)
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    zeezee33 wrote: »
    I'm still quite new to comping and haven't yet seen this thread, I enter some kids comps for things that my niece and nephews will like but will definitely enter more for older children as well. Hopefully I'll have some gifts to send soon but in the meantime I'll send some cards or letters. I can't seem to choose one-two children myself at the moment, Vikki do you have an idea of who I should send to, are there any children (or their siblings) not recieving much post at the moment?
    Thank you for sending cards and letters :) Mason and his sisters get very little post despite him being terminally ill, James and his sister Emma need some TLC, Jamie, Jude and William also don't get much post
  • zeezee33
    zeezee33 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you Vikki

Bumping for fellow newbies
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping, either for any summer prizes or if anyone can send a postcard :) Post Pals has also given all the children a lanyard and are asking volunteers to send a badge http://www.postpals.co.uk/extra-smiles/badge-appeal-for-seriously-ill-children/:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport