This time I have to clear the debt...by Tigz

Take 2... I had spent half an hour typing out a post and the bloomin thing timed me out!! I've lost it all, so here goes again....

I had my 1st LBM back in Feb 07, inspired by IA I started a diary and faced upto to my debts rather then keep my head buried in the sand.

My old diary is here if anyone wants to take a look

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=373873

I've recently been inspired again to start tackling what I owe by Benbenandme(my hero), Snaggles, Millyscarlet and Dinah.

When I was doing well last time it was due to keeping my diary, without it I've been very bad and probably have more debt than I did 2 years ago!!

Ok my debts are

HSBC old loan/Acc = £3162 (was £4260 when I first started, but I had bank charges refunded and I've been making payments)
HSBC old CC = £825 (was £1377)
NPower= £194.68
Old CT from last house = £206.80
Catalogue = £86.94
EON = £104 (os bill from last house)
CC = £2,639.66 :o

I think that's it..... hope so anyway!

The 2 HSBC debts are subject to CCJ's which are due off in 2010 & 2011 and have no interest, a DCA collects £20 from me every 2 weeks.

Npower- nothing in place, really need to sort this out.

Old CT - I'm paying £100 tomorrow when I get paid.

Catalogue - interest free, paying £15 pm

EON still with them, am paying an extra £14 pm to clear this, EON quoted £58pm for gas/elec for my new flat so paying £72 pm. Am confident £58 will be more than enough to pay for gas/elec so I may even end up in credit in 3 months.

CC- this needs sorting ASAP, I currently pay the min payment which is around £60 of which £40 is interest :mad: I cannot get another card so no chance of getting an interest free deal.

From Sept my OH is moving in so the household bills will be halved so I will have more to throw at the debt. Until then I need to pay what I can.
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke

Replies

• Just wanted to pop in and say good luck ;). I'm also hoping that keeping a diary will mean that I stay in track.

LPW x
    Baby on board - EDD 29th Sept
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    My wages are £670 pm, my monthly outgoings are as follows

Rent £350
    CT £74.70
    Gas/Elec £72
    Water £27.36
    Car ins £27.13
    Catalogue £15.00
    House Ins £10.60
    Life Ins £6.84
    Mobile £20
    Virgin £25
    CC £60
    DCA £40

Total - £728.63

I also get £170 pw from CTC/WTC/CB which pays £100 pw nursery fees leaving £80 pw for food/petrol and paying the difference in my monthly outgoings. At the moment I don't have anything spare to save for car servicing/MOTs/car tax etc..

Sometimes my nursery fees are lower as I get 15 hours credited but my nursery doesn't seem to be consisitent with giving it to us, last month my nursery bill was almost £500 and I'm hoping this month it will be down to £200 taking the hours into account so I may have more spare this month.

So I think I need some challenges and lots of kicks up the butt to tighten the spending and bust the debt!

I am going to aim to have NSD's, plan my meals, think before I spend and anything else I can think of....

Oh and this month we're going away on a sun holiday so money is going to be tight... but I'm determined to clear a chunk of it by Sept.

Any suggestions or ideas for a challenge?
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yay well done you for starting a new diary :j :j I have no doubt you'll sort it, you have a beautiful dd and a lovely new place to live ;):D The total figure may look scary but the breakdown you put above does make it look as if you've got most of it under control :T :T Good luck on the journey hun, you know where I am if ever you want a cheap day out :D
    Mortgage Total: £59,549 / £75,000 2023 Savings Pot: £271
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Do you do any survey sites Tigz or scratchcards? I know they take a while to build up sometimes but they're an easy way of getting a few pennies for no initial outlay :D
    Mortgage Total: £59,549 / £75,000 2023 Savings Pot: £271
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Do you do any survey sites Tigz or scratchcards? I know they take a while to build up sometimes but they're an easy way of getting a few pennies for no initial outlay :D

Just signed up to a scratchcard ... won 20p and withdrew my £10 straightaway, it did credit me £10 to play with but I didn't understand it all and got scared :o so will stick to the plan!

So that's 20p already... thanks BB x
  • whatatwitwhatatwit Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Hi Tigz, happy shiney new diary :D

Good start with the scratchies, it takes time to build up, but every little helps.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Morning, 10p on the scratchcards this morning. And it's pay day... yay!!
    Just checked my bank and I've been paid an extra £118 :D no idea why so will need to check my pay slip when I get it. WTC/CB paid in too. My rent has been paid, so has EON and my contents insurance. Will work it all out properly later on.

Least I can pay £100 off the old CT without having to find it from somewhere.

Have a good day everyone x
  • pixiechick99pixiechick99 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning Tigz....how fab, a new diary!!

(And thank you for mentioning me as a bit of your inspiration....:o)

You sound like you're pretty organised and ready to crack on with it all....lots of luck....I'll be back;):D
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • doodledo_2doodledo_2 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Morning, just seen your new diary and thought I would pop in and say good luck :D
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • edited 29 April 2009 at 6:36PM
    tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    edited 29 April 2009 at 6:36PM
    I haven't worked out why my wages were up by £118, my payslip showed a pension refund, but no idea why??? Our pay dept is a nightmare, they log the query then call you back days later....

10p on the scratchcards today :D

OH isn't over tonight so I've got Wentworth Miller keeping me company!!

Had my May invoice from Nursery today and they've not credited me with the government funding allowance which I was expecting so need to query that with them 2moro.

I also need to call the council as I've had a letter saying my rent is in arrears but they've been paid?

Cooked risotto for dinner tonight, was yum and filling, and cheap :cool:

HSBC old loan/Acc = £3162 (was £4260 when I first started, but I had bank charges refunded and I've been making payments)
    HSBC old CC = £825 (was £1377)
    NPower= £194.68
    Old CT from last house = £206.80 now £103.89
    Catalogue = £86.94
    EON = £104 (os bill from last house) now £90
    CC = £2,639.66 :o

I need to work out what money I have left and pay some bills, I haven't paid the old CT yet..... will do that 2moro.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals