Furminator? Anyone use this?

Options
Hey i have two 9 month old kittens. They are both shedding, one literally in clumps as he has a v thick coat and covering my house in hair!! Has anyone used one of these Furminator's to eliminate some hair, does it make any difference or is a good brush just as effective?
Happily engaged to my better half :kisses3:

Comments

• Waterfalls
    Waterfalls Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    i use it and found it brilliant!! well worth the money as i have wasted alot over the years on cheap ones which arnt up to the job
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have cats but use a furminator on my dog and it is amazing.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • YorkiePud_3
    Options
    Hi there!

I have two ... one for my cat (who has very thick hair) and one for my chihuahua (who has fine hair) ... they are brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

The first time you use it, you will almost faint at the amount of dead hair they bring off, but carry on ... it is totally dead hair and not the proper coat.

When I first brushed my cat, I got a FULL carrier bag full of hair off her!! You think they would end up bald, but it just shows you it is the underneath hair. But her coat shone, she loved the brushing and I brush her now once a fortnight.
    She is 2 years old and has NEVER brought up a furball, so it must be doing the trick!

I don't get as much from the chihuahua, but there is still maybe a quarter of a bag full that comes off him. He doesn't enjoy it as much as the cat does, so I do him maybe once a month.

It doesn't take long though ... 10 minutes will do the trick each time!

I promise, even though they are expensive, you will never go back to normal brushes and combs!
    I got mine off QVC, and I bought the smaller ones. You think it would be better to get the large size, but my cat is an average size, weighing 8lbs and it is fine for her ...
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Options
    Yes brill...i am about to get stuck into my spaniels fur now.I got one from ebay and one from an online pet supplier. Just 2 strokes down his coat and its full,i have to keep emptying it,its fab
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • lil_madwife
    Options
    thanks for that, i might just have to try one now after hearing all your good reports
    Happily engaged to my better half :kisses3:
  • the_little_one
    Options
    We use them at the grooming centre that I work at and they are well worth the money.
    We always recommend them to customers!
  • Waterfalls
    Waterfalls Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    def well worth the money. cant rate it highly enough
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have one for my GSD/BC cross which she hates but it makes a HUGE difference to the state of my house :) It also gets shared round the local police handlers as I live next to one and he takes it to work from time to time :) They all love it too :) The advantage for them is that it's quick and easy and keeps the coats healthy and not too thick - if too think the dogs tend to overheat easily when working which is obviously not ideal :)
    I'm starting to think I should buy them their own though ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this, not heard of this gadget before. I brush my cat everyday & he does love it.

Hope he will take to one of these. Has anybody had a cat who hated his & lashed out to let you know?

Don't want to risk being ripped to shred by angry claws.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    Pet planet does there own version that has multi change heads , so only 1 needed for different sized pets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure