We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Debts & shopping - feeling miserable!!
Comments
-
IN_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE! wrote:Pathetic, get a grip, ooh those boots are so yummy, look how much more attractive I am in them!
GET A LIFE.
That's horrid!! Be nice or be quiet!!!
I'd probably have bought the boots so I am NO help at all!!! :rolleyes::cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool::heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
0 -
'In Like Everyone Else'
If you can't say anything helpful, then please don't say anything. Besides, you seem to have missed the point - it's not looking attractive or about getting a life but about how difficult it is to stop spending frivolously when you haven't got the money but are so use to doing it anyway!!
Comments like yours do no help!0 -
Hi
I know the feeling! I hate having to say NO to things
every year hubby and I go up to the Lake District in May and then maybe go away again later in the year. I know that this year we just cant afford to go(actaully we never have been able to afford to go for the past few years I have just stuck it on the CC) as I am trying so hard to get rid of all these debts. In the past i would have just "ignored" the CC bill and catalogue payments in favour of paying out the £200 for the caravan for the week!! But not this year!!
It does get you down but I promise you the feeling will pass!!Well done in resisiting the urge to buy them- it isnt easy!!!
xxSealed pot challenge 7...my number is 2144.....started Nov 29th ....0 -
little_miss_broke wrote:That's a bit harsh and not terribly helpful

Realistic perhaps."YOU WANT THE CASH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CASH"0 -
IN_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE! wrote:Realistic perhaps.
Realistic in what way? Please explain.
As someone else said above, you're totally missing the point. It's NOT about looking attractive or anything to do with that, it's about resisting the urge to spend money she hasn't got, whether it's on boots, clothes or fancy meals out.Why is there always so much month left at the end of my money? :doh:0 -
Your are NOT pathetic at all, just totally normal for wanting a fab pair of boots at a cheaper price.
It is very hard and I understand, try and focus on nice things that you do have rather than don't have. The boots may have made you feel good for a little while (like chocolate!!) and then make you feel bad afterwards for spending the money.
Try and think of when you have paid off your debts and how you will be ble to afford the odd treat now and then rather thsn denying yourself.
Plus, at the end of the day, there are more important things in life than a pair of boots.
Welldone for resisting them though, be proud of yourself, it must have been hard.
Chin up xxxBecame debt free in 2007 after having £15k of debt. Have been a stranger to MSE and now want to get back into my old MSE habits and save, save, save0 -
Resistance is futile you will buy those boots, you will buy those boots, you will buy those boots.
I own a shoe shop.
XX"YOU WANT THE CASH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CASH"0 -
summer is coming so you wouldn't get the use out of them any way!
But (and I don't know how many people will agree with me on this!) but if you save say your 50p in a jar then when the season comes around for wearing boots again then not only can you get the new season's boots, you can buy them with cash (might even have enough over to throw at your debts) and at least that way they will be a considered purchase not an impluse purchase.2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310
2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date0 -
IN_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE! wrote:Pathetic, get a grip, ooh those boots are so yummy, look how much more attractive I am in them!
GET A LIFE.
Why reply if your not going to help :mad: . This site has such a nice atmosphere about it because it is all about helping others whilst helping yourself. You obviously are not trying to help others so please in future don't reply if your not going to help, you just ruin it for everyone who comes here for help not to be ridiculed.
Ps resist resist resist the boots the way fashions are changing so quickly and randomly next winter we'll probably be wearing clogs anyway and you boots will be sooooo last year!May 2015 £10 a day currently £2080 -
IN_LIKE_EVERYONE_ELSE! wrote:Pathetic, get a grip, ooh those boots are so yummy, look how much more attractive I am in them!
GET A LIFE.
Are you sure you're not a spammer? Have you been thanked that many times for just "going away"?
Mind you - if ever there was a reason to never buy a pair of boots again (especially from your shop) then that was it. I would begrudge putting another penny into the pockets of someone like you.
So actually yeah - thanks!Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards