🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A trilogy in seven parts.....hypno's latest efforts

Options

Comments

• shaun40400
    shaun40400 Posts: 4,134 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    good post doodledo

bad post hypno:naughty::naughty:
    how can you possibly think your lazy
    you (and oh) do more in a day than most of us do in a week!!
    this is a time management problem!!
    you dont have time for ironing because your to busy earning cash to reduce debt!!
    when you do have free time you have to spend it on family or sleeping!!
    lazy my *ss
    WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    am doing the ironing.....
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :bdaycake::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:Totally agree with doodledo and shaun - please don't cry!

You are a *wonderful* example to us all of how to be a dfw. So you don't "get" ironing. You don't "get" housework. You have a full life, a loving family, and good friends.

The words when you hover over this :Asmiley say "you are wonderful" - so there you go

:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't get yourself upset over housework hun, you are wonderful as KC says and once the debt is gone maybe you can have a cleaner/ironing lady. You will need one for your mansion for sure ;)

I am rubbish at housework too and my OH moans at me as his mum (who i love dearly) is the perfect housewife.

I blame it on being brought up by my dad and brother...well thats my excuse and I am sticking too it. :rotfl:
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    Hypno, where is your long tunnel....I will come over and do your ironing if you do some surveys/ebay/scratchies stuff for me, cos I am rubbish at all that!;)

We are all "challeneged" by something. You need to put a really good film on whilst you iron, so you can enjoy it a little more? My OH doesn't mind ironing if there is cricket or rugby on, because he gets control of the telly for doing the ironing!

"challeneged" list

me - ebay, getting round to cleaning fridge:o

OH - money, work, cleaning, cars, relationships, dealing with childrens tempers, dealing with own temper, dealing with women, kids homework, social calendar (kids), planning, organising, gardening, DIY, holiday planning, foreign exchange, computers, car hire, anything to do with insurance, taxes, multi-tasking........:D
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • shaun40400
    shaun40400 Posts: 4,134 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    MISSKJ
    OH - money, work, cleaning, cars, relationships, dealing with childrens tempers, dealing with own temper, dealing with women, kids homework, social calendar (kids), planning, organising, gardening, DIY, holiday planning, foreign exchange, computers, car hire, anything to do with insurance, taxes, multi-tasking........:D
    :eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MissKJ wrote: »

Ah, so you are aquainted with my husband then :rotfl:

Except I would have to add in "thinking" to his list :rolleyes:

It is all about discipline really....when I had a cleaner (oh those were the days) I kept on top of everything because I knew she wouldn't "tidy up" she was there to clean.....so every week I made sure she could actually get to the kitchen floor to clean it, for example! Also the "shame factor"....if the cleaner saw what state we could let the house get into, she might tell others.....or I might see her in town and I would know that she knew how slovenly I am :o

OH has just taken an old freezer and some garden rubbish to the tip. The lawnmower has died so he has also taken that to the tip and has reserved one at Argos to pick up on his way back. To be fair, the lawnmower was one that FiL gave us when it was no longer reliable enough for him, so it was on its last legs when we inherited it.....so we can't complain at it finally giving up forever.

Right.....back to the ironing.....thanks for all the comments.....:kisses3:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hypno - not a good day then? Crisis of confidence? Get up and go has got up and gone? Suggest you look at your budget again and maybe factor in sending out one or two bags of ironing a month to one of these home ironing services. I know it costs about £25 a bag but it's all about checks and balances, and if it saves your sanity and helps reduce stress then it is worth it. It would also free up more time for you to do money-earning stuff so the cost would at least be partially set off.

Altenatively - Shaun? If your sprog has discovered the laundry zone then send him round to Hypno's place before she disappears beneath that uncharted mountain of clothes, never to be seen again.....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Glad you felt able to start the ironing Hypno. I understand how you feel because housework or lack of gets me down as well. I dont expect our house to be perfect but when it starts looking like Kim and Agi are due round :eek: you know something needs doing. Not easy with a broken ankle and a OH who although partailly disabled thinks improving his golf handicap is more important than housework. He does try but only does the basics.

Anyways thats enough of me whining I just wanted to say your not alonein finding housework a mare (((hugs))).
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hypno you're absolutely not an ironing failure...at least you try! I gave up completely and now pay a lovely Polish lady to do it for me. It's amazing how little there seems to be now - an hour and a half a week does it, which costs under a tenner (more because she does some cleaning as well, so she gets £20 for 3 hrs). I should be putting that money to debt, but it might only knock a month off my DFD in the long run, and I'm much rather have a clean stress-free (ironing free!) house in the meantime. Pile the ironing up in the dining room for the next 11 months and then pay someone £200 to do the lot when you're debt free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport