We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A trilogy in seven parts.....hypno's latest efforts

Options

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I could get someone in for £20 a week, I would do so! Unfortunately, cleaners don't seem to be affected by the credit crunch round here and they are like gold dust!

I have done loads of ironing........and my MSE visitor has seen that I have been making an effort! Although I did not show here the remaining heap in the dining room.

When she arrived, there was a lawnmower fully assembled in the lounge......I know how to greet my guests :o

I will get to the bottom of the ironing pile today, if it kills me.......
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    hypno06 wrote: »
    I will get to the bottom of the ironing pile today, if it kills me.......

Been nice knowing you :D:D:D
  • pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure you're way ahead of me, but when I was looking for a cleaner, I put a card in the Post Office...nothing, as they're all too snobby around here. So I put a card in the Post Office in a village in a nearby designated 'deprived' area, and had a few calls. I also had lots of response to an ad on Gumtree. The lady that comes now though was a friend of the other girl from Poland that used to come but moved away - she said there were loads of her friends that would be happy to do it for us, even though we're quite a distance out of town. So without trying to sound racist or anything, I reckon Eastern Europeans are definitely the way forward - maybe a card in a Polish grocery in town or something, even better if written in Polish!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I can get the house into a reasonable state to start with, I will start to look for a cleaner.....but there is no point in doing that until I have got rid of most of the clutter and got on top of it.

It's a bit of a vicious circle really, isn't it!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • shaun40400
    shaun40400 Posts: 4,134 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    will keep my eyes on sky news this pm

local woman runs amok and goes on killing spree with iron!!
    or
    local woman was found dead this evening next to the biggest recorded pile of ironing ever seen in the uk, locals said she had a big grin on her face!!
    or
    a woman was rescued today from beneath a mega pile of ironing!!
    firemen at the site said she really shouldn't have attempted this, with out first consulting heath and safety officers
    When she arrived, there was a lawnmower fully assembled in the lounge......I know how to greet my guests :o
    :rotfl::rotfl::T
    WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pandapaws wrote: »
    Been nice knowing you :D:D:D

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! Although I forgot, you have seen my mess, so probably have every right to make that comment :rotfl:
  • shaun40400
    Options
    having the 1st real summers day this year:j:j
    and everyone near us is out cutting grass:mad::mad:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

• boredofbeingathome
    boredofbeingathome Posts: 15,657 Forumite
    Options
    Passes Bravery Badge over to Hypno for 'Ironing above and beyond the call of duty'.:T Have a nice day with your MSE visitor and hope the pile has diminished to the size of non annoyance.:o
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • shaun40400
    Options
    well deserved hypno medal-028.gif
    respect-053.gif

edit take a look at DT dairy
    note the thank you on post 2

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,851 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you got a cleaning lady to come on a pre arranged date, would that not be incentive enough to get the house into a cleanable state?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family