We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Credit card fraud @ www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

Options
2»

Comments

• Haru
    Haru Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, I just made an online purchase from forbiddenplanet.co.uk, but I paid by paypal which is linked to a debit card rather than a credit card, could I still be at risk for fraud? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to these kind of things, so reading this has just scared me a little now. :(
  • amandajo
    amandajo Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aggrhhh ... just had a call from my CC company and £1,500 of fraudulent activity.
  • duggie1982
    Options
    paypal should be ok as you need to visit paypal to complete the sale so the company wont know your paypal login details
  • frane
    Options
    Just to say I ordered from forbiddenplanet.co.uk about a month ago and my card issuer spotted my debit card being 'tested' a few days ago. Haven't seen hide nor hair of the book I ordered. The card has now been cancelled, which is damned annoying a week before Christmas. Is anyone reporting these suspected cases to their local Trading Standards and Consumer Direct?
  • Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmmm - I must be damn lucky then as nothing happened to my card yet and I revieved goods okay. But if people are susspecting them then they should be reported.

However - they do use sagepay so could it be THEM stealing the details not FP?
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport