Withdrawing cash from ATM's aboard

Options
I have a Nationwide Flex account, mainly for overseas withdrawals from ATM's which you dont get charged anything on, really handy.

But someone told me that they are going to start charging 2% from May can anyone confirm or deny this ? Thanks
something missing

Comments

• balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a Flexaccount too and haven't heard a thing. I'm fairly sure that they would send you something to tell you if they were going to make the change.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I also have a Nationwide Flex account and havent heard anything.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • Party_Animal
    Party_Animal Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nor me and I've used Nationwide allover the world without any problems.
  • trav100
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that this was for new customers. Existing ones will remain free - hope so it's great isn't it?
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its still free - probably one of their compeditors trying to bad mouth them?

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/banking/current_account/flex-rates.htm
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I did post on another thread asking the same question. The 2% cash advance charge is on credit cards only, effective from early May(not just international cash advance iether)
  • Lipsticklady
    Lipsticklady Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    will nationwide only accept you if you transfer your current account to them? I wanted to open a nationwide account and deposit £x amonut of cash into it and leave soem in there and only use it for holiday spends. i dont really want my wages to go into it? any advice?
  • EMPTY_PURSE_5
    Options
    Hi,

I have a halifax visa electron card .. does anyone know whether they charge for using ATMs abroad.

Have used card on numerous occassions but never checked statement ... oops !
    No Signature Required ......
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    will nationwide only accept you if you transfer your current account to them? I wanted to open a nationwide account and deposit £x amonut of cash into it and leave soem in there and only use it for holiday spends. i dont really want my wages to go into it? any advice?

I have a joint flex account with my partner. At the moment we only use it for going abroad once or twice a year so we can get money out at a better rate. I load it up with money before we go away, spend it and any left over is used for the next holiday !
  • Lipsticklady
    Lipsticklady Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    Thats exactly what i want.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts