🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

am i entitled to the sure start grant?

Options
2»

Comments

• AsknAnswer
    AsknAnswer Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant at any time from 11 weeks before your expected date of confinement (due date) up until three months after the birth of your baby. To qualify on the Child Tax Credit as your qualifying benefit, you must be recieving child tax credit at a rate of £548 per year or £1095 per year if you have a baby under the age of one. These rates change every year from April - this is the rate for April 2009 to April 2010

Child Tax Credit is the child tax credit element of your award alone, it does not include the childcare element, the family element or working tax credit.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    I would apply and see what the say. Do you know how much of your tax credits its for childcare?

You can receive more than those rates to qualify but if you receive less then you wont.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Options
    I only managed to get this grant by the skin of my teeth! The really nice lady on the phone if you are medically exempt through tax credits (NOT the materninty certificate but a little plastic card that has tax credits written on it) then you will more than likely qualify. Everyone over 25weeks pregnant is entitled to the health in pregnanacy grant.
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • howdidthishappen
    Options
    we qualify for £547.50 family element, £2237.45 child element and £2130.67 childcare element. I think this means I should qualify
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Options
    im so confused with this aswell.....i got the form and filled it in, gonna get my doctor to sign it and leave it to the jobcentre and hope for the best anyways!!!!
    Carla-Farla!! :)

Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills