We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lloydstsb

Options
2»

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I too had to wait to find out if I had been approved and the first I knew was when the credit card appeared on online banking.

They don't show you the customised offers unless you have ticked a box saying they may or, it seems, set your preferences to permit them to advertise at you.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    theoretica wrote: »
    I too had to wait to find out if I had been approved and the first I knew was when the credit card appeared on online banking.

They don't show you the customised offers unless you have ticked a box saying they may or, it seems, set your preferences to permit them to advertise at you.
    Do you have a good credit rating? Is it issued throught blackhorse?
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • postmanpat68
    Options
    just a quick update, got the sorry you have been unsucessful with your application for a credit card this morning. good old lloydstsb (not). i'm even more determind to get my bank charges back now. with just one loan which i discovered yesterday had been written off and settled with welcome finance and the only searches on my credit report being for car insurance and the jacamo catalogue which was approved it does seem a little disapointing but i have been approved for a card with cap one. so a sort of sucess in the card application
    EX POSTIE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport