Brit gas at the door-the net is wrong

Options
ssray
ssray Posts: 78 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
We had a cheery brit gas doorstep seller yesterday, asked the usual-who you with etc, when wer said npowerhe starts his speel, my wife cuts him off, and he claims that npower look good on the net but in reality brit gas will be cheaper?

I`m confused, please explain

Ta

Ray

Comments

• amcluesent
    amcluesent Posts: 9,425 Forumite
    Options
    >I`m confused, please explain<

It's called 'say anything, trouser the commission, scarper'.
  • Ch4rlieB
    Ch4rlieB Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I'm awaiting the nice gentlemen that told me I was stupid to not join there capped tariff to come back round.. So I can say I told you so to him... cause he said gas prices were gonna double over 12 months.. well 12 months on.. they haven't doubled.

NEVER join someone coming to your door. Take there info then reserach on the net.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ssray wrote: »
    ...I`m confused, please explain...

Invite the salesman in, sit down infront of the computer together and ask him to explain.

Then set up an excel spreadsheet yourself and prove either the website or the salesman is wrong.

My bet is that the website will be right and the salesman wrong - that's if the salesman won't have been long gone in the meantime to try & hoodwink some other unsuspecting punter.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Geoffo_M
    Geoffo_M Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Premier wrote: »
    Invite the salesman in, sit down infront of the computer together and ask him to explain.

Not a good idea - you'll never get rid of him. Unless, of course, you're a real expert and enjoy making him squirm
  • logie28
    logie28 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    two words usually do the trick round my house, the first starts with f the second is off!!

Horrible oxygen thieving slimy morons , the amount of people stitched up by these people is unreal, i dont know about now but energy companies use to get marketing companies to do their dirty work, wasnt even npower selling at your door. some moron from EXcel .

The complaints are endless, most are on commission only and talk utter c"r$ ,, last one i had left saying " well, if i cant offer you £500 a year for a signature!!" so i had to repeat my opening line again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure