• knowledgepower1
    Options
    In the meantime watch live tv on your laptop/desktop www.tvcatchup.com
    You can't keep a good man down...
  • indebtbigtime
    Options
    all a bit of a disaster really...

bought freeview box, no joy spo back to shop and then

bought the £19.99 antenna, to put on roof / loft. Put it together but found in the instructionms I needed to start splitting cables and thread coaxal through it to then align to a transmitter or something in the loft....

like I said no diy expert and aware shop wouldnt take back once cable opened, so back in box...customer service and cash back now

me finks I ll stick to sky - CHEERS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
  • SouthCoast
    SouthCoast Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I have found out that my Freeview reception problems are down to the Rowridge transmitter.
  • A_Nice_Englishman
    Options
    apatite wrote: »
    I'll add a post here. I'm used to sky in other rooms but had a telly in the kitchen with a freeview tuner.
    Haven't been able to get channels for a while and remember a letter coming though about something being switched off.
    Is that it then? No more telly in kitchen? I thought the whole point of freeview was that it was digital.:confused:. Do you need a special aerial now?

I've looked at the link from above and the post above. Rowridge not shutting down until 2012:confused:

They made some changes at Rowridge recently. Have you tried retuning your Freeview box?
    http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051542
  • A_Nice_Englishman
    Options
    It might be worth checking all the connections to the aerial too, in case something has come loose. It's unlikely that you'd need a new aerial, assuming you get/got decent reception on analogue

https://www.paras.org.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport