🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A&L Barclays Nat West

Options
Could anyone give opinions on the three following ISAs

Alliance & Leicester Reward ISA 3.5%
Barclays Golden ISA 3.61%
Nat West eISA 3.51%

Opinions would be appreciated regarding past history of these Banks relating to dropping of rates etc
My wife and I would open account with £3600 each.
We have a current Account with A&L but no accounts with Nat West or Barclays
May want to transfer £10000 from NS&I (but not crucial)

Any help or opinions please

Comments

• book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Go for the Barclays ISA. Good interest rate. In the past, there were problems with the account opening process of ISAs. Now, it has been solved. Not sure about the other banks.

Apply by phon e on 0800 49 49 49, or in branch (appointment needed).

If you want to check your ISA balance online, a Barclays current account is needed. That is the only product that will allow you to have online banking. You need a debit card to register.
  • bagsacash
    bagsacash Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    I opened this years isa with barclays after having major trouble trying to open an e-isa with natwest. Because I have a current account with Barclays it was very very simple.
  • verynewmoneysaver
    Options
    I found it simple to do on line too, I also have current account with Barclays.
  • willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    If you do it with Natwest then open in branch as it's much faster and you should get account number immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport