Re: Cheap Aftershave (perfume)

Options

Comments

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    A search on kelkoo has brought up https://www.cheapsmells.com which is the lowest price for the perfume I'm after.

Has anyone tried them? The reviews on kelkoo seem quite positive.
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A search on kelkoo has brought up www.cheapsmells.com which is the lowest price for the perfume I'm after.

Has anyone tried them? The reviews on kelkoo seem quite positive.

I've used them a couple of times now and i'm very satisfied with their service

Have also used fragrancedirect.co.uk twice in the last week and i'm extremely impressed with their speedy delivery , I ordered something yesterday and it arrived this morning! :T

There's a code for 10% off at Fragrance Direct on the Discount Vouchers board
    Same old same old since 2008

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Sheel wrote:
    I've used them a couple of times now and i'm very satisfied with their service

Have also used fragrancedirect.co.uk twice in the last week and i'm extremely impressed with their speedy delivery , I ordered something yesterday and it arrived this morning! :T

There's a code for 10% off at Fragrance Direct on the Discount Vouchers board

Sadly Fragrance Direct only do a tester of the fragrance I need, amazing price, but it's a xmas present for my mum, so don't want to go down that route.

Going to give Cheap Smells a go. They sound pretty impressive from what I've read.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lungman wrote:
    What scent lasts longer on men ? (i.e EDT/aftershave/spray etc), as when I put it on the scent doesn't seem to last long (currently using eternity for men EDT spray).
    Remember that even though you can't smell the fragrance, others will still be able to. Especially with something like Eternity.

I made that schoolboy error years ago with Eternity - people were coughing and eyes were watering all around me!! :D
  • bigdave_4
    Options
    There are a number of online cheap aftershave and perfume shops - they can cut the cost of smelly stuff in half.

fragrancedirect.co.uk* (first one to try, good for benchmarking the price)

halfpriceperfumes.co.uk

These tend to sell testers and imported perfume and aftershave from other markets (grey imports).

This shouldnt be a problem, but it can mean 'unboxed' perfumes - which may be a problem for gifts (quick tip: if you do want to do it as a gift, simply go and buy a nice looking gift box and pack it in that - the cost saved on buying the perfume should more than cover it).

Of course not all cheap online perfume is what it says on the box (if there is a box) so it's always worth a healthy degree of skepticism. !Though i'm often told my own John Rocha aftershave bought this way still smells good ;)

martin

*This link is an affiliated link that helps MoneySavingExpert.com remain ad-free and free to use. It in no way changes the editorial (what I write) and does not impact in any way the product you receive or the cost. Click here for more details on this site's non-profit driven ethical stance
    cheapsmells.com is another, prompt deliveries and excellent rnage of products
    Nice to save.
  • Sam_26
    Sam_26 Posts: 235 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Try https://www.chemist-4-u.com for limited list of fragrances at great prices!! :xmassign: :xmastree: :snow_laug
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hunnybunny12
    Options
    Hi,

I have just ordered:

Diesal Plus Plus for men 75ml £5.68
    Diesal Zero Plus for men 75ml £6.27
    Diesal Zero Plus for women 75ml £5.44

From https://www.perfumepoint.co.uk

Delivery is £2.46

All stocking fillers at a fairly reasonable price. :rudolf:

Has anyone ordered from them before?

HunnyBunny 12
  • livalot
    livalot Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have just ordered:

Diesal Plus Plus for men 75ml £5.68
    Diesal Zero Plus for men 75ml £6.27
    Diesal Zero Plus for women 75ml £5.44

HunnyBunny 12

That's really a good price. I haven't ordered from that company before so sorry can't help. I did however buy the Diesel Zero Plus EDT for Men 75ml + deodorant spray (150ml) gift set from Superdrug the other day for only £9.50, if that is any help to anyone . They also have the Diesel Zero Plus for Women 75ml edt + deo for £9.50 too. Both I hope are good prices - I live in London so don't know if this is available nationwide?
  • wacko911
    wacko911 Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After following the advise from this thread I order a 100ml fully boxed bottle of burbary weekend as an xmas gift. I also took the option of gift wrapping.

The package arrived very promptly and was well wrapper, I was very impressed.

Gave it to my girlfriend to open early on Christmas eve and when she did it was 25ml gift set of Angel?!?!? She tried it and didnt like it, and she had asked for the burbary weekend, leaving me with a red face simialar to the one above.

OK, I thought, it was thier fault they will sort it out ASAP for me to keep things sweet (not to mention the other person who order the gift wrapped Angel and ended up with my perfume).

Their response was we will not send out the correct perfume you ordered until we get the wrong one back (which is not stricly legal as I have bought and paid for the item they are refusing to send). I asked for them to pay the postage for returning the wrong item, they sent... A 2nd class prepaid A6 envelope - valid for up to 60 grams bear in mind this is a big box

Are they having a laugh?
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    so which site is the cheapest?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport