Re: Cheap Aftershave (perfume)

Options

Comments

0692019 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Another good site is

https://www.dutyfreeperfumes.co.uk

they have both samples (which I have bought, very good) or the real thing, but the best bit about them is that it's all FREE POSTAGE saving you a tidy sum, youcan also pay for gift wrapping.
  • Raz-jnr
    Options
    I have also used https://www.dutyfreeperfumes.co.uk and found them very good. The delivery is free and usually the prices are very competitive

:snow_laug
  • toepazz
    toepazz Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Raz-jnr wrote:
    I have also used www.dutyfreeperfumes.co.uk and found them very good. The delivery is free and usually the prices are very competitive

:snow_laug

:confused: Do they actually have their own site? When I use the link all I get is pages and pages of other sites to link to.
  • ditzymuppet
    Options
    Previously another poster (sarah?) mentioned the fact that with the department stores/chemists such as Boots have controlled stock. This they do :) They know WHEN the product was made, WHERE it has come from...and basically they know how old it is...or at least this is what I've always been told.

When buying testers from other sources you must consider WHERE these companies are gettin the products from. They are given by the manufacturer of the perfume FREE to the stockists to use in order to tempt customers to purchase their products. Where have these online companies come into so many of these testers?.... Dodgy area :)
    Stores which are able to sell the products cheaply (such as the supermarkets/Wilkinsons etc) usually sell the old product which can't be traced easily so you'll never know how old it is!

It's worth considering that a lot of shops will give on to employees any bottles of testers which have been sent into the store, and the store have multiple bottles of. They aren't allowed to sell on these bottles, but to clear up space in the stock room will donate them to staff rather than put them in the bin (which is what you're supposed to do).
    I know when I've been given them at work I've put mine on ebay purely for the fact that I *know* where they have come from and am happy that the customers would be happy with their final product (It also gives people a chance to obtain their perfume a heck of a lot cheaper than in the shops!). Testers are great (when obtained legally!) and are suitable for use by yourself if you love a certain perfume...I'm not so convinced about them as a christmas pressie though? I might feel a bit cheated...maybe I'm being a snob though?

Bear in mind that it costs on average £1-£2 to manufacture and package up a bottle of perfume. The high costs come from the research and development of that scent as well as the marketing costs to differentiate the product.

Whilst I'm here I'll mention that when spraying your perfume *Don't* Spray it on your neck.... It'll age your neck...instead spray it into your hair, its more porous and will absorb it easier ;) Also...when you spray scent onto your wrists...DON'T rub your wrists together to rub in the perfume. It breaks the crystals of perfume and means that it won't last quite as long. Always remember that if you want your scent to last longer, layer it... usually (ladies!) with a body lotion or cream in that fragrance... your scent will last a LOT longer! Hope that helps someone.... :)

errrrrrm well that's sufficient rambling from moi about perfume....I know I've contradicted myself..but I don't really care! As it is, I stink of horse and need to go spray myself with perfume and wash now ;)

~ditzy x
    :pLove hugs and glitterbugs :p
  • vicky260277
    Options
    I've jsut had a nosey on both of thse links for Classique by Jean Paul Gautier and they aren't really that competative. Cheepest i have found it is in tesco's for £31 - now that's cheap and you are guaranteed that it will come in the correct box and won't be a tester or anything
  • Lungman
    Lungman Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ditzymuppet

What scent lasts longer on men ? (i.e EDT/aftershave/spray etc), as when I put it on the scent doesn't seem to last long (currently using eternity for men EDT spray).

Thanks
  • medical
    medical Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    has anyone got a claim code for supaperfume
    any ideas to reduce cost will be welcome
    medical
  • ditzymuppet
    Options
    Lungman wrote:
    Hi ditzymuppet

What scent lasts longer on men ? (i.e EDT/aftershave/spray etc), as when I put it on the scent doesn't seem to last long (currently using eternity for men EDT spray).

Thanks

Erm... Well aftershave has less concentrated 'perfume' in it...because its designed to be put onto the face after shaving...if it were as strong as EDT...then it would sting (yes! even more than it does now!)

So I'd have said that EDT would last longer... as it has more concentrated perfume in it...

EDP (Eau de Parfum) has more Perfume in it that EDT... so that's stronger, but I haven't seen any men's scents like this :)

If you try spraying it on your hair [a bit odd I know!] the scent stays with you longer as your hair is more porous and absorbs it better than skin does...

Hope that helps

~ditzy x
    :pLove hugs and glitterbugs :p
  • Lungman
    Lungman Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks ditzymuppet, although not sure about the hair thing!
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Erm... Well aftershave has less concentrated 'perfume' in it...because its designed to be put onto the face after shaving...if it were as strong as EDT...then it would sting (yes! even more than it does now!)

So I'd have said that EDT would last longer... as it has more concentrated perfume in it...

EDP (Eau de Parfum) has more Perfume in it that EDT... so that's stronger, but I haven't seen any men's scents like this :)

Yep, used to work in a perfume dept when I left school and for men EDT is stronger than aftershave and longer lasting.

For ladies Eau de Parfum is indeed the strongest.

And of course the more actual perfume in it, the more expensive it gets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure