What's your Woolies going to be?

Options

Comments

• Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woolies branch in Diss is either going to be a Carpet Right or I have heard rumours of Iceland coming there. We've already got 2 carpet shops in the town do we really need another I ask myself.... although we've just hod our 4th Opticians open, we have 3 electric shops next door to each (no kidding) so who knows. But we also have loads of empty shops as well and makes the town look awful. I much prefer to travel the 30 mins or so by car to the larger towns of Bury St Edmunds, Thetford, Ipswich or Norwich. Shame really when I should be supporting my locals.
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
  • juliespencer
    juliespencer Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Rowan126 wrote: »
    Haywards Heath branch will be becoming a Co-Operative
    im also in haywards heath, i was hoping for something better than a boring food shop:mad:
  • z1985m
    z1985m Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    The one in musselburgh (edinburgh) turned into a B&M which is like a pound store. we now have 3 pound stores practically right next to each other! can't say i use them much except for odd bits n bobs.

I don't know if the one near the retail park in edinburgh has turned into anything yet. i keep forgetting to look. its a REALLY big one, before it turned into Big w (woolies) it was a B&Q so its bloody massive.
  • jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    Ruthibe73 wrote: »
    Woolies branch in Diss is either going to be a Carpet Right or I have heard rumours of Iceland coming there. We've already got 2 carpet shops in the town do we really need another I ask myself.... although we've just hod our 4th Opticians open, we have 3 electric shops next door to each (no kidding) so who knows. But we also have loads of empty shops as well and makes the town look awful. I much prefer to travel the 30 mins or so by car to the larger towns of Bury St Edmunds, Thetford, Ipswich or Norwich. Shame really when I should be supporting my locals.

I live about 5 miles from Diss and read in the local paper that Woolies is going to be a Carpet Right, i don't have any idea about Thetford though or Bury....
  • Wolfsbayne
    Wolfsbayne Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    lady_isa wrote: »
    still empty with no signs of it being anything atm

same here in Derby
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any rumours on the one in Reading? it was a fairly large store.
  • bauctu
    bauctu Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Scarborough one is empty still, I'd love Home Bargains to come.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 1026 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debt at LMB: £22500. (July 08) DFD: Oct 2012 (DMP) Current debt: Aug 08:£23049.00 Now ??? (fallen off the ladder but will get back on!!!)

February 2013 nearly there! Time to start kicking HSBCs **** for PPI and charges! :D
  • staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,966 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did anyone see that programme on tv last night about the Wellworths that's opened in Dorchester? Ex Woolworths manager and the staff went it alone and opened their own version of Woolworths in the same premises. Looked the same to me - same layout, same goods. I couldn't help wondering why they did it. If no-one wanted Woolworths why would they want Wellworths?
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    One in Wanstead is apparently becoming a Tesco express.
    Come on you Irons
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    We have a small one in one of our 'local' highstreets that is still empty. But more worrying is we have a huge one with a few other stores and now the other stores are suffering. There are rumors that they will both become an iceland though :o We have one of those less than a couple of miles away from both, one walking distance :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure