ebill water company

Options
Hi has anyone signed up to ebilling with there water company i want to sign up but my water company has a very lengthy process first i have to sign up to a cmpany called ONEVU to view my ebill online first of all i have never heard of them ???

and secondly if i want to make payment using a debit card i have to sign up to www.billpayment.co.uk make a account register with them Alliance & Leicester's BillPay website just to pay the silly bill please is there a easy option thanks why do they make paying a bill so complicated having to sign up to two service for one single bill anyother way round this please help i dont want to open lots of accounts for a single bill thanks

Comments

• Headsabovewater
    Options
    If that is the way your water company does online accounts then there is no way around it other than calling them and useing paper billing.
    Bill pay is only for online credit/debit card payments so if youy pay direct debit or have a standing order you won't need to register for it.
    Helping people lower there water usage and water bills

Type Headsabovewater into you search engin for more help.
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    Options
    what a farce, just keep with paper bills if its that much hassle.
  • kamzee
    kamzee Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    what a farce, just keep with paper bills if its that much hassle.

Thanks to the both of you yes i think i will be sticking with paper billing i was just trying to be greener lol too much hassle
  • bluewire
    bluewire Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Which water company is this with?
  • annettetabs
    annettetabs Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with Essex & Suffolk for my Water and Anglian for sewerage, I signed up to onevue the other day for online billing, but i pay by direct debit. Its a good idea for doing your bit for the environment but I have to access it through my online banking and then bill management and then onevue so it is a bit of pain, I'll give it a go, Ican swap back to paper if I don't like it.
    Why can't they just have an online billing facility on their own websites like most other companies?
  • onevu
    onevu Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sorry you found it difficult! We offer paperless billing services to 21 companies at the moment via some online banks plus our own portal, OneVu Online. As we grow you’ll be able to see all your paperless bills and make the payment from the bill with just a couple of clicks. We’re adding new billers all the time and we think its much more convenient to see them all in one place rather than visiting lots of different websites and remembering lots of different passwords.Please bear with us, we know its not perfect yet but we’re working on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure