Golden ISA - Barclays....

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 655 views
woody252506woody252506 Forumite
152 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I am in the process of saving for a house with my partner.

I have noticed Barclays are offering a Golden ISA where you can save up to £3600 per tax year tax free.

The rates are 3.61% AER / 3.55% tax-free pa variable with interest paid monthly.

Ill be saving for another 3/4 months as then we'll have a 15% deposit fingers crossed. I am looking to gain an extra few quid over those months so this ISA caught my eye.

Am i right in thinking that ill get 3.61% interest paid on the £3600 i put in each month, so around £129 per month??? That seems quite a lot to me!!!

Any advice would be appreciate, I have never had an ISA before so am not too sure how it works!

Thanks

:cool:

Replies

• BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    The rates are 3.61% AER / 3.55% tax-free pa variable with interest paid monthly.

Ill be saving for another 3/4 months as then we'll have a 15% deposit fingers crossed. I am looking to gain an extra few quid over those months so this ISA caught my eye.

Am i right in thinking that ill get 3.61% interest paid on the £3600 i put in each month, so around £129 per month??? That seems quite a lot to me!!!
    NO - AER means ANNUAL interest rate. The £3,600 is your Cash ISA allowance PER YEAR, not per month. You would earn approximately one 365th of 3.61% (assuming that the rate doesn't change over the full year) per day on the only deposit of £3,600 that you are permitted to pay into a Cash ISA per tax year.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals