PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

i have to share this recipe - savoury crumble

Comments

• jonny2510
    jonny2510 Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the replies :D :T
  • HH62
    HH62 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sounds gorgeous, have saved it.
    Thank you.
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kunekune wrote: »
    I did a savoury, vegetarian crumble last night. It was completely DISGUSTING. The topping had flour, butter, nuts and cheese. I thought it would be ok but it wasn't. We threw it in the bin, b*gger the waste, and had toasted cheese sandwiches instead.

how disappointing! what did you put under the crumble, it sounds as though it should be lovely?
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • kim85
    kim85 Posts: 113 Forumite
    I don't remember exact recipe ( I tend to cook by eye ) but a turkey crumble can be made using
    BASE - turkey mince (cooked first) then add white sauce made with vegetable stock and cooked veg e.g. brocolli sweetcorn.
    TOPPING crumble mix half flour, oats and butter to make to crumb texture then put on top grate cheese on top cook for bout half hour as you would a sweet crumble , done this a couple of times now is lovely and freezes well.
  • mamabear09
    mamabear09 Posts: 73 Forumite
    ooh i'll have to try that one, ive some turkey mince in the freezer
  • The recipe sounds really lovely, I was wondering what to have for dins tonight. As we are vegetarians I shall give it a go using Quorn mince instead which was 99p a bag from Morrisons.
  • marknina
    marknina Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thank you for this - can't wait to try it.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mamabear09 wrote: »
    forgot to mention 4 very hungry people or 6 not overly hugry. it also tastes nice on sarnies the next day

The beef crumble sounds great, but I can't imagine it on sandwiches:confused:
  • marknina
    marknina Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi can anyone remember a receipe that was posted last year for hob nob's. I made them and they were fab but I have lost the receipe and would like to make them again.
  • Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We tried this and won't be having it again. It sounded so nice but for some reason left a not so nice after taste. Shame cos I was hoping to make it a regular. We ate it all up though but they all requested not to have it again. :o

Mamabear thanx for posting it though, it's always good to try new and different things.
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure