X box 360 live

Options

Comments

• P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I too use the powerline/homeplug solution.

Better explanation here of how it works/is set up. There are other suppliers of these devices not just Solwise but I've found them great over the last year.

Homeplug Network

Thanks for all your help. I`m following all your advice.

Am I going to have to pull up carpets to hide the wire then ?
  • Bowling_4_Gold
    Bowling_4_Gold Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    You can buy a Linksys branded wireless adapter which is considerably cheaper than the Micro$oft one but does the same job basically. We are using one a.t.m
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • gaz310
    gaz310 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    i've got 2 x 360's running using develos and never had any problems at all
    plug and play nice and simple
  • P2TKL
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Me again with another query. On reading up on Homeplugs I find that all routers will not support X box 360`s if using AOL as your IP which we are. Anyone tell me if this is correct ? Obviously I dont want to buy the homeplugs and find that my router is unsuitable
  • Valley_Bluenose
    Options
    P2TKL wrote: »
    Me again with another query. On reading up on Homeplugs I find that all routers will not support X box 360`s if using AOL as your IP which we are. Anyone tell me if this is correct ? Obviously I dont want to buy the homeplugs and find that my router is unsuitable

Okay - I'm in work at the moment so can't access all sites. However, have a look here - I think the 'wired modem router connection' is your best solution and will work with Homeplugs. Unfortunately I can't link to the list of AOL compatible routers - but it should be accessible from home.
  • Bowling_4_Gold
    Bowling_4_Gold Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    P2TKL wrote: »

Yes, Unfortunately I can confirm that there are issues with AOL and Xbox Live. A friend of mine had great difficulty buying correct equipment because his Xbox live wasn't working even when he used a direct ethernet cable from his router to the Xbox 360 and he was with AOL so I personally can't see Homeplugs working better a.t.m. I think (don't quote me on this one) you can use those USB 3G dongles with the Xbox 360 that you get from Vodafone etc with no need for any other equipment/connections apart from the dongle.
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • ccsurvival
    ccsurvival Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I too use the powerline/homeplug solution.

Better explanation here of how it works/is set up. There are other suppliers of these devices not just Solwise but I've found them great over the last year.

Homeplug Network

I use devolo... they are very good....

Looks like you are struggling there.... so options

New broadband provider

Get a PS3 Wireless work great on those, online gaming is free and wioreless is built in for free
  • Enlightenment
    Options
    Have a read of this there are also other tips how to connect your Xbox 360 and they are a very helpful friendly bunch, so just start a topic and they will help you :)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a read of this there are also other tips how to connect your Xbox 360 and they are a very helpful friendly bunch, so just start a topic and they will help you :)

theres also these guys as well, xbox live help

, a similar question may have been asked before hand, you do need an email address provided by you isp to register if you need any further help
  • P2TKL
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thankyou all for your replies......suppose I need to find out if its going to work with AOL before I do anything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure