anyone with bpd and depression advice please

Comments

• fatou256
    fatou256 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    do u have med for your depression and/or for oyur BPD ? as for my BPD i have nothing as my psychiatrist said there is no med for this.
    BSC number 183
  • i have meeds because i have have anxiety and depression to. i took myself of drugs and was really unwell. my meds afre to help witrh anxiey,depression and haluccination, voice hearing i could not deal with this illness with out my meds,even tho i struggle with them
  • fatou256
    fatou256 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    i have the same symptoms likke you, i cant cope too with the voices and hallucinations. i have had some terrible experience especailly with paranoia.

the other problem i have it's that sometimes i become someone else and do a lot of craxy fhings and then i don't remember it.

like you ihave my bad dasy or evening. i have been picked up many time by the police for my own safety in a delusional state. i have been 3 month in a psy ward.

i am worried about starting psychotherapy as i have a lot of trauma that i dont want to deal with ... my CPN is trying to put me through a therapeutic community whre i can do learn art and all sort .

my psychaitirc suggested maybe CBT to deal with my anxiety and contrlling too .
    BSC number 183
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    i have meeds because i have have anxiety and depression to. i took myself of drugs and was really unwell. my meds afre to help witrh anxiey,depression and haluccination, voice hearing i could not deal with this illness with out my meds,even tho i struggle with them
    My Mum (81) has just started Lithium despite being on two other strong medications. They weren't helping so they've put her on Lithium despite my sister not being very happy about decision. This has been going on for 18months and it's been a nightmare for my Mum and the rest of the family. We just pray that Lithium might kick in and make the other medication work. They want to treat depression before they treat anxiety. She attends day centre 3 days a week and she also sees a therapist privately each week but this hasn't improved things for her.
  • i donr become someone else just believe there someone else there been on the ward four times in 18 months. they recommend cbt to me too but i cant see that can help when i am ill. when i am ok then i can turn my thoughts around but i drop so quick i cant help mysel. i dont know how my husband cope with my daughter but he seems to mange and hold a job down. i do get lots of phonecalls when i am on my own from him checking i have not od which i would not think about with my daughter in the house.

am worried about starting psych work but then again i want it over and done with if its going to help me. the guy seems nice and starting to trust him a little but waiting for him to pull out like all the others (couseller,old cpn,consultants etc) i go to a group once a week to meet a few others with bpd but dont see how sitting round having a cuppa for 2 hours helps. spent the last two days mainly in bed as cpn of sick,crisis team pulled out, and my app with ccs is tomoro afternoon,if i go.

i have alot of flashbacks from my childhood whic is not fun and hear voices.

sorry for going on but its nice to realise i am not the only one. its good to hear other peoles experiences thx
  • have had lots of diff anti depressants,anti psychotics,and cbt the next step they say is lithium which i dont want, cant b doing with blood tests every so often but heard it really works quick so good luck with your mum
  • boo304
    boo304 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi flash,

In my area there is a community support team that give people support during the weekend/bank holidays etc. It's usually a drop in where you can go and talk to a worker if you need to or just be with other people if you want to get out of the house. I would ask your cpn if there's anything like this in your area?

Also if you are wanting to get out and do things in the day, there should be support workers (might be called social inclusion workers or support, time and recovery workers) who run social groups that you could go to or thy could maybe help you with going to art classes or whatever you're into. Hope some of this helps and good luck
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    have had lots of diff anti depressants,anti psychotics,and cbt the next step they say is lithium which i dont want, cant b doing with blood tests every so often but heard it really works quick so good luck with your mum
    She had her blood tested today but thankfully they do it at the day centre.
    Praying the Lithium helps her because she's had such a dreadful time. Good luck to you and cbt.
  • Thankyou allfor your kin words and advice i will speak to my cpn when she gets back off sick and see what she says. its so nice to real;ise i am not the only one. i am widw awake for another night partly because of a cold a aprtly the sleepingtbablets not worked again, its 3 a and have to be up for my daughter at 630 thats get me down alot
  • Trazy
    Trazy Posts: 2,863
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    flashtwinkle, i too have bpd and severe depression. I self harm and have taken OD on a few occassions, once putting myself into ICU. I am very lucky that in my area there is a very active CMHT and I get a lot of support, I dont know where I would be without them.
    I too find that friends and family do not understand the illness tho my family are now trying very hard as they have finally accepted it is a serious condition.
    I hope that you manage to get support to help you thru
    Take care
    Trace
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain
    Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure