Transfer from a cash ISA to a new one

Options
Hi,

I have a cash ISA with C&G that I have had for about 5 years. Ive just noticed that the interest rate is crap and would like to transfer it to another one.

Which should I choose? I dont tend to touch the money very often although we are doing home improvements this year so may have to.
I have put in my maximum amount for this year so should I wait until after April? I am considering setting up a direct debit to the account after april as well.

Please help!

lastly, my husband is about to open a cash ISA for the first time and is considering the natwest cash plus ( Ithink that it is what is called) as we have an advantage gold account with them. However Im a little concerned as A they are a bank and B they are part of RBS.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

Comments

• alastair_h
    alastair_h Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    Find attached best buy link, choose ISA which accepts "transfers in" and which best suits your circumstances. If you can fix the rate (and tie your money up for a period), you may be able to protect you finances from dropping further. Obviously things may go up and you would loose out slightly.

A. Yes Natwest are a bank, ISA's are not just available from building societies.
    B. They are part of RBS group but operate under a separate licence, so if you had £50K with RBS and £50K with Natwest you would be covered under FSCS compensation scheme should they go bump.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=401374

http://www.natwest.com/global/about-us.ashx?channel=personal
    "Every Pounds A Prisoner "
    "Loyalty to the Best Interest Rate"

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts