PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

weight watchers(no count)

Options

Comments

• pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How much have ypu lost dinky?

Just a note avacados are not NC.

Remember to stop eating when comfortabley full, ie when you could eat more, but wont.

Its a great plan as it is so healthy, points can be but you could eat a lot of rubbish on it if you wanted to.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Loopy, well done on your loss so far.

I have lost three stone and hope to lose about another 10 pounds.

You are not eating enough at all, how many points would you be on if you were pointing?

an example menu for me on No count would be

B. Porridge

L. Smoked macarel pate and Crispbreads with a large salad (all sorts of bits in there)

S. Chicken tikka (Home made) With rice and veggies.

The weightwatchers site is

WWW.weightwatchers.co.uk

You need an esource code and pay to get all the recipes.

Most recipes can be adapted to NC though, just use spray oil instead of fat, cream cheese or skimmed milk in mash etc.

Call on me anytime for help.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As regards to the 21 points they are there for extras like a glass of wine and for making meal times more interesting, you dont have to use them.

But remember that eating too little is as bad as not eating enough, remember you need to change your eating habits for life, if you dont want to end up back where you started.

Slowly is best, a pound a week is good.

My weight loss has slowed right down now.

Remember to have a bit of what you fancy, otherwise depriving yourself too much can lead to a binge, or falling off the wagon.

If you have a bad day, draw a line and start again, dont beat yourself up.

Try and do some exercise every day.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • loopylass
    loopylass Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    Options
    i want to do exercise but can you lose weight on the nc and dont use your exercise points at all its confusing me because i want to lose the weight but need to know im doing it right otherwise its pointless thanks to everyone who has replied
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I lost 2st 11lbs in total, 1 stone on my own then needed extra motivation as I was getting no where, went to the classes and lost 3lbs my first week then 1-2lbs almost every week afterwards, I did have one or 2 slips ups and like pawpurrs said if you have a bad day don't beat yourself up, just start again the next day as if nothing happened. Also when I was losing motivation I would track my food (not pointing, just writing down everything I ate) and it would help me. There is a quiz in the handbook and for me making time for myself was important. I was too busy running about doing things for other people that I had no time for myself, consequently I ate everything in site, stuff the kids left over on their plates etc., now I know better, although I still have bad days now and again. Trying to budget my grocery shopping better is helping my waistline too, I don't buy the biscuits/cakes anymore and I try to limit the amount of processed foods that come into the house. Also since losing the weight my stomach must have gotten smaller because less fills me up more than it used to, my portion sizes have shrunk as a result.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • loopylass
    Options
    hi

the trouble with me is i used to go all day without eating and then have one meal at teatime only because i made it for the family now since i have started ww i feel hungry in the morning and a porridge fills me up then i have a cup a soup and then a baked potato for tea i know i dont drink enough water i walk the dog every day i have an exercise bike which i havnt gone on yet lol but shall i just try to snack on more fruit during the day as my leader said i wasnt eating enough but then i feel as if im having too much and then i wont feel very hungry for tea when i made shepherds pie mince,onions,tin of tomatoes and parsnips on top or mash i have a serving and then veg and gravy i feel bloated because im trying to eat more if that makes sense
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can go on to the ww boards without paying there is a NC board there and also habit tracker tip exchange is another unoffical nc board.

Its important to have three meals to keep your metabolism going. Any exercise will help, you can use up to 12 bps for extra food, but you dont have to use them.

And really on NC you shouldnt need to really as you should allways be eating untill comfortabley full any way.

If you want me to help you,feel free to Pm me any menu plans, and i would be more than happy to make any suguestions.

How about a big bowl of home made soup with pasta in instead of a cup of soup, or a jp for lunch with cc, or beans?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • loopylass
    Options
    hi
    thanks i will try that i will have a baked potato after my weigh in im dreading it this week as ive been ill so havnt eaten properly but whatever the results i will start from scratch im still lighter than what i was last year so if i dont give up i will get there
    are you on nc?do you snack on fruit during the day? and thats why i asked about the bonus points because i dont want them the free food would be more than enough for me for my meals and if i do fancy a treat ive got 21 points
    anyway if you have any meal ideas then feel free to pm me with them
    i was thinking of getting a slowcooker so i could do stews but no dumplings what sort of cooked dinners do you have
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have done Nc since the start, but am pointing at the moment just for a change, but am basically eating just Nc stuff any way.

Dinners i have
    Spagetti and meatballs/bol
    Salmon steamed with ginger, garlic soysauce with rice and vegggies
    Grilled sardines and salad
    Burgers with Hm chips
    Chillli
    LAmb balls with mint and yogurt ratia and salad
    chops, veggies
    Roasts
    Fish pie/cakes
    Stews
    Chicken tikka/curry
    Steak and sweet potato chips
    Lentil burgers/ dahl
    lamb shanks
    chicken breast stuffed withgarlic cream cheese and wrapped in bacon
    chcicken cooked in campbells white wine soup
    jackets
    stuffed peppers/mushrooms
    HM soups
    Rice pudding
    and so on
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    its so important to grt a variety, so you dont get bored, i try and cook something new every week.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport