»

Cheap Rail Tickets To St Pancras For Eurostar Connections

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Cheap Rail Tickets To St Pancras For Eurostar Connections

edited 7 March 2014 at 4:29PM in Motoring
29 replies 46.9K views
Claire_W_4Claire_W_4 Forumite
3 posts
edited 7 March 2014 at 4:29PM in Motoring
Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Cheap Train Tickets guide may be helpful.

Back to the original post...

Having booked a package trip for our family of 4 over easter to Brussels by Eurostar, I had a shock when I realised that I had to fork out another £114 to get to St Pancras from our local station, a journey of only 45 minutes.

By phoning Eurostar direct to book the same trains the cost was £48 return for 2 adults & 2 kids. A saving of £66. The tickets are valid for any time of day. The number to call is 01233 617913, the staff were incredibly helpful.

Apparantly, if you book direct with Eurostar (which we didn't) your entire journey can be combined in one ticket. Also, if your outgoing train is delayed and you miss you connection, providing you have written confirmation from the ticket office, Eurostar should let you travel on the next train for no extra charge.

What I heard as a rumour has turned out to be great, it has taken me about 3 hours to find the information, but only 2 minutes on the phone to make the booking.

Well worth the saving and happy to share with you.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies